Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 10-26-2005, 12:25 AM

Default Hand against chronic stealer

Seat 7 was stealing on me all night. I was defenseless - totally card dead. What do you think about the line on this hand?

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls

4th Street - (2.60 SB)

Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (2.30 BB)

Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___raises

6th Street - (6.30 BB)

Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___raises___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises

River - (12.30 BB)

Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (14.30 BB)
Old 10-26-2005, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Hand against chronic stealer

Looks solid to me. NH
Old 10-26-2005, 12:30 AM

Perfect.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:30 AM

Looks good to me.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:19 AM

A thing of beauty, if I do say so myself.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:41 PM

Wondering why you posted this -- it seems standard. btw, I play alot of head up and short-handed and while the irritation of stealing is great, it's actual $$ significance is pretty easily countered by the occaisonal playback, geared to what you believe an opponent's standards may be. Against an opponent who will raise every time it comes to him, I may reraise with my split 2s and K kicker. Sounds like this guy may have been a bit more reasonable, though.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:27 PM

After the turn the hand plays itself. The problem of the constant stealer is not answered though. You need to take a stand sooner or later, and when I do I want to put the pressure on him right away. I come over the top with the 22K, as no card he catches is safe for you. If you start checking/calling you are letting him control the hand. I am talking generally here about defending, not specifically when you make Ks up. Muck or raise on third.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:31 PM

Muck or raise on third, unless of course you are trapping with pocket aces or the like. However,if you are playing short and reraising a lot of weak hands, your aces will be re-disguised. Against this fellow I'd call with a large hand and reraise anything like a hnad.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:59 PM

I'd re-raise 3rd, but everything else looks good. If you had something like pocket 10s or higher slow playing isn't a bad idea, but you'd prefer to win the pot right now.

Also it shows that u will defend the antes aggressively and deter him from stealing in the future.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:24 PM

I'd also reraise on 3rd. This time you caught full, but I 'd like to win the hand when the deuces don't improve. I.E. hit an ace and he really does have nothing and folds.