Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Flopped top trips no kicker

[ QUOTE ]
You have no kicker and you're trying for a check-raise? This is a catastrophe, because now it's two bets back to you because one of those people has a King or they're both bluffing. How can we tell? We don't. You should have bet out to proteect your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can he protect his hand against a better King? Maybe you mean protect it against the flush draw?

Does anyone else think that calling getting 13:1 here is OK?
Old 07-21-2005, 10:04 AM

Bet this flop and hope button raises so you can 3-bet. Check-raising just blows the field away when you most likely have far and away the best hand.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:08 AM

The preflop call was very questionable. I think I would three bet here. If it gets capped, there is a chance you are up against a better hand (Better King or full house). With both of these players being aggressive and loose I don't think you can get away from this hand.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You have no kicker and you're trying for a check-raise? This is a catastrophe, because now it's two bets back to you because one of those people has a King or they're both bluffing. How can we tell? We don't. You should have bet out to proteect your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet out to protect his hand? Betting is not for protection, it is for value! Hero is way ahead of everyone almost always against a large field. Fearing another K is rediculous just because it's bet and raised on the flop. I wouldn't fear another K unless it's capped and raised on the turn.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:55 AM

Dont call pre flop....

On the flop bet out, and 3-bet if raised, you probably have the best hand and want to make the flush draws pay. If the other King is out there then there are full house outs that are good for a split and a 2 makes you a likely winner.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:25 AM

Fold preflop.
I know for sure I am not folding this hand. Cannot decide if I want to raise or just call...HU I'd just call.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:32 AM

Looks like you are gonna lose a lot of money. I would call flop, raise on the turn if its not a spade or if it pairs the board or your two obviously. Looks like trouble though
Old 07-21-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like you are gonna lose a lot of money. I would call flop, raise on the turn if its not a spade or if it pairs the board or your two obviously. Looks like trouble though

[/ QUOTE ]

???

Wow.

You are very liley to have the best hand here despite the bad pf call. I'm betting this flop for value and hoping the maniac plays badmitten with me on every street. Ram it jam it and hope that flush card stays away. Assume the manaic does not have the K. Slow down on the turn if the solid guy raises you.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:19 PM

Muck preflop. You might be able to play if you had K2s, but K2o isn't good enough here for even one bet. 3-bet on the flop and lead the turn.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:31 PM

Why are you going for the flop CR? If it is to protect your hand, you don't need to worry about this. Go for value. If you ar CRing for value, you would get more value by betting out on the flop becasue of your position relative to the PF raiser. In any case, going for the flop CR was the wrong play.