Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 09:39 AM

Default Caesar\'s Indiana Report

I played at Caesar's IN for the first time this weekend. They have a pretty nice room. It is no Tunica, but not bad. They now offer 2/4, 4/8, 5/10 (with and without a kill), 10/20, 20/40, 2-5NL ($200 min), and I believe they have some 2-10 Stud, and 3/6 O8 w/ a full kill.

I got on the 4/8 list at around 11PM. There were 6 names b/f me. They only call your name twice and then take you off the list. The announcement can only be heard in the poker room, so you must hang around there. I got my seat in about 5 minutes.

The table was good. The play was pretty bad by most players there. The ones that I love are the people that try to tell everyone else how bad they are playing, but playing even worse themselves (several of those at the table). There were 2-3 guys that would bet down everytime they raised p/f. Several times these guys would showdown KJ or KQ that did not improve. A raise in this game got no respect no matter who it came from. At one point I had not played a hand in 45 minutes. I raised UTG w/ AK and had 7 callers.

I started out great. After playing for 2 hours I was up over $100. Then I just couldn't win a pot. I missed a few flush draws and got beat on the river several times. I left after 5 hours up $20.

I made a few mistakes that costed me $20. One was when a guy rivered a flush on me. I knew he was drawing to it. Then it hit on the river and he checked. Everything told me to check my set, but I couldn't. I bet and he raised. I paid him off.

The other hand I had KK in LP. After 3 limpers I raise and BB and limpers stay. Flop is Axx. No flush draws. EP bets and gets 2 callers. I should have mucked here, but decided to call and see what happened on the turn. Another blank on the turn and I fold. Should have just folded on the flop.

It was a good trip and I plan on going back soon. They will be expanding their poker room soon to 33 tables. Several dealers said they are going to start running a lot of tournaments and have a $10,000 buy in event as well.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Caesar\'s Indiana Report

Thanks for the report on Caesar's as I am planning a trip there myself. They sound similar to the games at Belterra about an hour to the north. It's a brand new room and has a great staff working there. What's the rake at Caesar's??
Old 07-11-2005, 09:47 AM

You can get a pager, then they won't give your seat away as quickly.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:38 PM

i've played at belterra and caesars. belterra has a much nicer room with much friendlier staff and lower rake ($5 max). automatic shufflers on all tables make the game go quicker, too. also, if 6 or fewer are playing, they suspend the rake completely.

definitely worth the hour extra drive if you ask me...especially if you are staying the night (poker rate is $50 weekdays and $70 weekends at belterra, and at Ogle House in Vevay, poker rate is $40 a night.

i will likely be back at belterra either friday or saturday, and will be at the no limit table 'til the wee hours of the morning. if i have a good night, when i check out of the hotel the next day, i'll sit at a $2/4 or $3/6 limit game with a friend or two and attempt to cap every pot preflop with any 2 cards (if anyone wants mad action). if i get any part of the flop, it is definitely getting capped if possible also.

cheers!

cheers!