Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Move-Up Bad Beat No Content Whatsoever

If you continue to play this poorly you will have many more "bad beats".

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-15-2005, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a lot of friggin money. That's a bad night's 0.50-1 total loss in less than ten hands. 1/2 players aren't supposed to play A7o like that. Christ. One thing's for sure: that game isn't nearly as different from 0.50-1 as I'd feared.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are so many things wrong with this.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:46 AM

Are you saying it is always wrong to play AJo from the BB against a raise, or in this specific situation. Could you please explain to me why it's wrong to play this hand, as I am not that experienced and base my preflop play mostly on the SSHE hand charts.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying it is always wrong to play AJo from the BB against a raise, or in this specific situation. Could you please explain to me why it's wrong to play this hand, as I am not that experienced and base my preflop play mostly on the SSHE hand charts.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Calling was correct. He just needed to set up the "You misplayed both hands. Sorry." line.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If 20BB ($40) is really "a lot of friggin money" to you, then you don't belong at 1/2. Simple as that. Drop back down to .5/1 until you feel comfortable with losing this much money, because really, this is such a tiny amount of money compared to what some losing sessions will make you cop. If you can't handle even this, then you need to get out.

As others have pointed out, these aren't even "bad beats". The fact that you got dealt a high pocket pair does not entitle you to win. There are still 3 other streets to play. You're going to need much thicker skin to start moving up in limits if these sorts of hands make you flip out and post.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the deal with you people? Do you all only reply to posts when you see an opportunity to tee off on someone? I see this over and over again on these forums. When I had real questions a few months ago, I'd be lucky to get 3 or 4 responses.

The loss of money wasn't devastating or anything - I was just reacting to the shock of losing what until yesterday was 40BB. I'm sure it's a common enough phenomenon when moving up in limits, and there's no reason you should be a jerk about it. There are 50 other posts to read just the same as there are 3 more streets to play. I let you know beforehand there was no content, so fold pf and move on to a post where you can give some useful advice.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:21 PM

I read the thread title as

Move-Up Bad Beat No Contest Whatsoever

So I thought it was a challenge thread. With that in mind you can imagine how dissapointed I was with your entry to the faux challenge.

Now losing flopped quads to runner-runner straight flush - that wins the faux contest.

And GT123, your last 10 KK look like my last 10 AA. Doesnt it suck when you see one of these hands and cringe!

And honestly doubleplus, you should understand that posters here frown upon 'Woah is me, whine, I lost money, whine' becuase they are pointless other then to let the poster vent a little bit or get some attention.

I feel your frustration with the new stakes, I have been there. You have 2 simple options. 1. Have faith in your game, learn and adjust, ignore dollar value and continue playing at 1/2 and probably become a long term winner. 2. Drop back down until you are comfortable playing for higher stakes and/or are ready to adjust your game to beat the new level.

I myself dropped down. I started off bad at 1/2 and while I have a bankroll of 4k BB for 1/2, I still wasnt comfortable losing $50+ in a night, a personality quirk of mine. Its up to you to decide what you can/cant handle, meanwhile the games are there for you at either level.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:23 PM

Hand 1: Cap preflop.

Hand 2: Fold preflop. Failing that, 3-bet this flop.