Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Problems with Aggresive Games

I usually do not find these type of games on UB. I just got lucky this particular day. Or should I say unlucky. I love to have two or three loose apponents at the table. Love to have them sit to my right. I do very good in these situations. This particualar night, however, I lost approximately 40BB. My ego would not let me walk away from the table. I had 6 or 7 people going to the flop on just about every hand. Theoretically, I should be making money, right?

I guess the trick is to just track these type of loose games in PT. I bet that I will discover times when the cards hit and I make a lot of money. I just need to expect a lot of variance in very loose games.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was at a table like that last night. Over 102 hands lost 20 BB. AK cracked 3/4, QQ and TT twice, every hand I won was followed by losing two. After spewing a few too many chips chasing 99 on a stupid board I found a better table. The lesson is: if you can't beat a table leave it, there are too many other opportunities..

[/ QUOTE ]

INCORRECT. Sometimes you will go a few hundred hands at a loose table without being pushed a single pot, that doesn't mean you should leave. +EV is +EV even if things haven't been happening as they "should".

[ QUOTE ]
I bet that I will discover times when the cards hit and I make a lot of money. I just need to expect a lot of variance in very loose games.

[/ QUOTE ]

CORRECT. The best game I've ever played in regularly was 8 people to almost every flop; I still had more winning nights than losing nights but periods of 6 hours or longer where I didn't win a single pot were pretty common. Sometimes you're going to get pot odds on your two-outer and hit it, or sometimes you flop the nut straight and get five callers all the way down, or sometimes your KK happens to hold up unimproved and when any of these things happen you get paid off huge.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:06 PM

You're not going to be winning quite as much on these sorts of tables as you think.

In the first hand, I would check the flop behind. If you catch good on the turn, hopefully someone will bet it and you can raise. If you catch bad, just call down (or fold if the action is unfavorable). If you catch good and noone bets, bet it yourself. Your KK are strong but very vulnerable, and it will be hard to get in a raise at any point in the hand other than the turn.

In the second hand, you should be trying to eliminate players by c/r'ing the flop. You will find it *very* hard to win your fair share of pots--or the money--in loose games if you're not eliminating players when your hand is strong but vulnerable!