Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-16-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Re: MUBS with Q6s?

[ QUOTE ]
I've never understood those %'s, but it sounds foolish to bet/call "in hopes" of splitting. IF villian raised the turn with a hand we beat, like an Ace, hes almost surely following through with a river bet. The river [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] doesnt change a thing.

If were betting this river, we should be folding to a raise, because there is no way in hell this guy is raising with a hand like QJ or QT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Pedro i think this river gets checked through far more often when we are ahead than it gets bet. Since we didn't 3-bet the turn i also think there is a slim chance we are still splitting when the river gets raised but it is just my opinion. A crying call may be better here.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:20 PM

I'll bet this on the flop and hope the aggressive BB raises me. I don't want gutshots and OESDs calling, and charging flush draws and OESDs is great.

On the turn, your kicker doesn't matter anymore, as the A-K kickers are shared with any Q. You are dead against AQ and KQ, and slightly behind AJ and AT (as they have freerolls against you). I think I go to town on this turn, expecting to split with a Q most of the time, and see a straight or ace some percentage of the time. I don't know why you're waiting until the river to c/r.

River is fine.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never understood those %'s, but it sounds foolish to bet/call "in hopes" of splitting. IF villian raised the turn with a hand we beat, like an Ace, hes almost surely following through with a river bet. The river [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] doesnt change a thing.

If were betting this river, we should be folding to a raise, because there is no way in hell this guy is raising with a hand like QJ or QT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Pedro i think this river gets checked through far more often when we are ahead than it gets bet. Since we didn't 3-bet the turn i also think there is a slim chance we are still splitting when the river gets raised but it is just my opinion. A crying call may be better here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's about 1-in-6 times you'd have to split if you lost the remainder to break even, right? I think it's 1-in-6, I'd call a raise.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:53 PM

*grunch*

I don't get this river thought process. People don't raise the turn on a draw. Maybe an A-high club draw or pp trying to push you off of a K (which I suspect BB had).

As played, I 3-bet the turn and bet/call the river.

FWIW - I smooth-call this flop since a raise doesn't really protect your hand. I'd expect BB to possibly lead again and look for my c/r on a blank but the turn is less than ideal and might freeze him. On the other hand, you might still get action from UTG and a smooth call keeps BB's K in play. Having played like a draw, a donk bet on the river might win the pot without a showdown or it might get you paid off by both pairs.

Not sure this line is good, but agg players tend to build the pot for you so you might consider other lines if you're trying to control your spewage.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG is 28/7/1.8. BB's agg is well over 3, hence my flop c/r. I know, bet flop, but that was read dependent.

My table image is kind of loose as I've shown down and won with second pair and some other weak holdings. But don't think I've lost a SD to this point.

Cryptologic 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4.00 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.00 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

hmmmm. JT? bigger Q? A? I wasn't sure and trying to control my aggression/spewing.

River: (9.00 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

uhh, yuck. Why a club? If not a club, I'm thinking of check raising this river. Too much, or call down?

Final Pot: 11.00 BB.

I gotta go to work, so I'll check back on this tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm betting this flop. You have no one to check/raise, and this is not a flop you want to give a free card on.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, your kicker doesn't matter anymore, as the A-K kickers are shared with any Q. You are dead against AQ and KQ, and slightly behind AJ and AT (as they have freerolls against you).

[/ QUOTE ]

How can having two pair vs. trips be a freeroll? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, your kicker doesn't matter anymore, as the A-K kickers are shared with any Q. You are dead against AQ and KQ, and slightly behind AJ and AT (as they have freerolls against you).

[/ QUOTE ]

How can having two pair vs. trips be a freeroll? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He meant to type QJ and QT which currently tie your hand but have freerolls to hit the straight on the river.