Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Help on a KQo hand from BB

2-4 game at Paradise. I have been playing mostly .5/1 and doing quite well, and some 1-2 with mixed results. I decide to try 2-4 for one session. I have folded around twice and am in the BB for the third time.
UTG is a solid player.

There is one posted blind in MP.

UTG raises, and it is folded to me in BB with KQo, so there is 4+2+1+2=9 in the pot, and I decide to call getting 4.5 to one on the additional $2 to call.

My problem is that even though the odds seem to make this the right move I don't like the opponent and my position. It seems as though the range of hands I'm up against make it hard to play.

The flop comes Q 10 4 rainbow. I figure that I need to lead out with top pair to see where I stand. Villian raises so now what? I'm either up against AA, KK, a set of 10's or out kicked by AQ. A set o Q's is less likely and I could be up against a semi-bluff from AK, or AJ. What should I do, and since I read UTG to be a solid player should I have folded preflop OOP considering who the villian is?