Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Question on WSOP schedule

The schedule mentions satellites and supersatellites are held every day of the World Series. Are these all satellites for the Scheduled Event the next day? Or do they run a satellite for the Main Event every day?

I would like to fly in on a weekend earlier in the World Series and qualify for the main event if I haven't already done it online. Is this possible?
Old 11-07-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Question on WSOP schedule

I think they have satellites for the Main Event every day, plus a satellite for the event starting the next day. I'm very unsure of that; you'll need confirmation.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Question on WSOP schedule

If it is like last year, and I'm sure it will be, every day they will have two Super Satellites which are $200 + $30 and unlimited rebuys for the first 90 minutes. You get $200 in chips to start and for each rebuy. If you bust out, you can double rebuy, and if you bust out at the break, you can triple rebuy. Blinds start at 5/10, 10/20, and 15/30, 30 minute levels until the break. After the break it begins at 25/50 and escalates every 20 minutes. These are very wild tournaments that become all in coin flips. They last about 4 hours or so. A seat is given for every $10,000 in the pool (kind of a real money type of thing). I believe these satellites are at 10am and 4pm.

They usually run one mega satellite which is $1000 + $60, no rebuy. I think you get $3000 in chips if I remember correctly and these things start at 8pm and run well into the wee hours of the morning.

Two days before the main event, they cut the supers to one and have two megas or something like that.

I have friend who shows up right before the break in the supers and buy in and try to double up immediately. He won two $10,000 seats in three days. (when you win a second $10,000 seat, they give you 20 $500 tournament chips). I've seen people buy in for $1000 + and bust out right after the break.

Also there are single table satellites running all the time. The cheapest is $100 + $25 (which I think will end up becoming + $30), 10 handed, and the winner gets 2 $500 chips all the way up to $1000 + $30 where the winner gets $10000 in tournament chips.