Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 10:47 PM

Default K4s in the blind

Villian is 30/8/2 after about 60 hands. Is this fold okay? With the world left behind his raise on the flop and an uncoordinated board, I thought it was best to wait for a better spot.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB
Old 05-25-2005, 10:30 AM

Default Re: K4s in the blind

I don't think he'll raise a draw on this flop so I think the fold is fine.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:22 PM

perfect
Old 05-25-2005, 02:34 PM

I call this down; you're ahead more often than you think, and when you're behind you've usually got good outs to at least half the pot.

The most likely hand that beats you is Kx with x&gt;4. If opponent has KT, KJ, KQ, or AK, you're dead, but AK and KQ are unlikely given that there was no preflop raise.

If opponent has K9, K8, or K6 you've got 3 outs to win and 6 outs to tie.
If opponent has K3 or K2, then HE's drawing to 3 outs to win and 6 outs to tie; the other 38 outs give you the win.
If opponent has a pocket pair, he's drawing nearly dead. (I assume AA would have raised preflop.)
If opponent has A7 or A5, he's drawing to five outs.

By the time you fold, there are 6.5 BBs in the pot. You're getting 7.5:2 odds for a showdown, and I think your pot equity is more than enough to warrant seeing it, even unimproved. Plus, if you do hit lucky you'll be able to get a nice juicy check-raise on the river.

I call the turn, call the river unimproved.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:26 PM

What was the point of calling his flop raise? in an attempt to spike 1 of 5 cards in the deck, assuming the kings are clean, fold on the flop (after the raise). Check raise this hand as a lp player my try to pick the pot up as a result of the lack of action