Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 10:03 PM

Default A new \"Miscellaneous Stats Tab\" post . . .

Hi, my name is Grisgra, and I have forgotten how to play poker. Seems like it, anyway -- 3BB/100 over 25k hands in March and April, but about running even this month after a super sucky 200BB slide. Some of it, certainly, is horrible luck, but there's definitely some crappy play in there. I just can't tell which is the bigger culprit.

Since I'm new to 10/20, I really can't tell whether I was just running fantastic in March and April, and whether my "true colors" are finally coming out, or whether I was running okay/good in March/April, and this month is just mostly bad luck, not a bad playing style.

I know enough about the main stats that I'm not going to bore you with those -- I'm going to tighten up some to help reduce variance/marginal spots for awhile, blah blah blah. But these stats . . . well, I think there's something in here.

Three questions for all of you 10/20'ers (and others in general) running at 2BB/100+ over lots o' hands:

1) How much do you win with 2-pair compared to pairs and three-of-a-kind?
2) How much do you win with high card compared with one pair?
3) How often, %-wise, do you see a showdown with one pair/high card?

Looking for ratios here. My results were very different from, I think, Alobar's for 2BB/100 at 5/10 -- hugely different. Not sure what to make of it. Looking at my results, the biggest gap seems to be the results for 2-pair. I'm winning the same % at showdown, but a HELL of a lot less money this month with two-pair. Enough of a discrepancy in ratio, in fact, that between that and my only winning with 80% of my boats and flushes, it almost explains the entire discrepancy between this month and the last two.

Anyway, throwing these out there for consideration. Thanks much!

Oh: the Original link
Old 05-23-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: A new \"Miscellaneous Stats Tab\" post . . .

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, my name is Grisgra

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Grisgra, I'm TStoneMBD. Nice to meet you.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:00 PM

I know that stats posts that aren't about VP$IP are trickier, guys, but c'mon . . . a little help please? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2005, 12:23 PM

Honestly, I'm a little confused by your stats. Judging by the "total times" you have the "show only hands that were not folded" clicked. However, your stats are very different from mine. For example, my W$SD with high card is 19.19, for 13.61 % of total hands. My one pair hands W$SD is 41.66 for 42.21 of total hands. Also, you seem to never get four of a kind... over what, 150k hands? That's not good. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I'm a little confused by your stats. Judging by the "total times" you have the "show only hands that were not folded" clicked. However, your stats are very different from mine. For example, my W$SD with high card is 19.19, for 13.61 % of total hands. My one pair hands W$SD is 41.66 for 42.21 of total hands. Also, you seem to never get four of a kind... over what, 150k hands? That's not good. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The former point suggests I'm going to showdown with unimproved high cards too often, I think. The results for one-pair aren't *too* different. Curious as to what your ratios are for the stuff I mentioned, though.

The quad stats got cut off, didn't think those were hugely important. Lucky me, though, I didn't lose any money with quads [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 05-24-2005, 12:38 PM

Here's my stats tab since march. I haven't had much time to play, so it's only like 35k hands. I've been running at about 1BB/100.

[image][/image]
Old 05-24-2005, 01:00 PM

I am not sure these atats are for anything other then entertainment purposes. So much of the time a big win can come from a pair vs hitting your full house and having everbody fold on the flop. Having said that I do like stats and you add a lot to this forum so here are mine for 5/10. I am not good at this print screen thing and my son is not home to help.

High card 17.04/12.68
1 pair.... 45.03/41.39
2 pair.... 57.31/25.97
3of akind 69.02/6.99
straight. 78.95/4.57
flush..... 84.62/4.19
fullhouse 89.11/4.01
Hands that were not folded.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure these atats are for anything other then entertainment purposes. So much of the time a big win can come from a pair vs hitting your full house and having everbody fold on the flop. Having said that I do like stats and you add a lot to this forum so here are mine for 5/10. I am not good at this print screen thing and my son is not home to help.

High card 17.04/12.68
1 pair.... 45.03/41.39
2 pair.... 57.31/25.97
3of akind 69.02/6.99
straight. 78.95/4.57
flush..... 84.62/4.19
fullhouse 89.11/4.01
Hands that were not folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody is calculating those ratios [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Well, at least it's something -- and damn, you've got some of the big stuff over 4%, nice.

One thing to add -- when you post, pls post your BB/100 as well.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:51 PM

Isn't it hard to read too much into "two pair" stats.

Don't they include pocket pairs plus boarded pairs, two boarded pairs (assuming you have best kicker to get the win), and having both your pocket cards pair-up.

How much can you read into a stat with this many variables?
Old 05-24-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it hard to read too much into "two pair" stats.

Don't they include pocket pairs plus boarded pairs, two boarded pairs (assuming you have best kicker to get the win), and having both your pocket cards pair-up.

How much can you read into a stat with this many variables?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I think you can read something into it over tens of thousands of total hands. If you take a look at many tabs you see that the total won with trips/flushes/boats turns out to be around the same, for instance, even though there are lots of ways you can get trips.