Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 06:30 AM

Default 4/8 Live river decision

4/8 Full Kill game at the River Rock in Vancouver. The game seems to be full of retards, though I haven't really made any good notes on specific players.

Kill button is off. There is about 4 limpers to me on the Button, and I raise JJ. SB 3-bets, one limper in MP calls and the rest fold, I cap.

Flop comes 864r. Check, Check, Bet, both call - now in this game with this PF action, I would basically guarantee both opponents will be with me until the river at least

Turn comes T putting 2 clubs on the board. Check, Check, Bet, both call

Of course the river comes an A (non-club). SB checks, our MP limper donks it into me
Old 11-12-2005, 07:54 AM

Default Re: 4/8 Live river decision

Hey bro. You forgot to include the most important info (other than reads [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]), the pot size on the river. I think it's like 13.5BB on the river after he bets. Heads up it's an easy call, but you've got to worry about SB since most sane betting hands have you beat now, and if not they probably had you beat before. I think this is alot like overcalling and I'd fold unless by retards you mean very agressive, especially preflop since I'm narrowing SB's range quite a bit due to the 3 bet OOP.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: 4/8 Live river decision

I'd say your beat unless MP is a very tricky, very aggressive, or very dumb player. With the preflop raise and three bet and since you bet every street, I think your beat at least 90% of the time. SB still in the hand makes it more likely your beat. He could be going for a checkraise, as he knows that betting out into two players will almost surely make you both fold without aces. MP might not realize that though. Since the pot is so big and against unknowns, I'd guess calling couldn't be too bad though.