Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 11:08 AM

Default 2 AK hands (6-max)

So I've been on a bit of a poker hiatus for a little while. (After being denied the last Party bonus I decided to stick it to the man by not playing for a few days; I'm sure I really showed them a thing or two.)

I decided to play a little 6-max this morning to maybe get back in the swing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hand 1

My first hand at the table. Opponents are all unknown.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (13 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero...?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hand 2

Only a few hands after Hand 1. Opponents in general seem pretty loose and passive. Nothing special.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (11.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero...?

How would you play these rivers?

What about the rest?
Old 06-15-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: 2 AK hands (6-max)

Hand 1: On the river, I think you can fold to SBs check-raise. You've shown a ton of aggression here and the check-raise on the river is bad news. I don't expect him to show anything less than trips, and you could be looking at a boat. He must figure that the only hands he's behind that you'd raise PF are JJ, QQ and KK, and those aren't very likely.

Hand 2: I'd call this river. Button might overcall and you win an extra bet that way. But if you raise, button will probably fold unless he has a monster of his own, which means you win the same extra bet from MP when you're ahead. If MP does have a boat with a T, you're getting 3-bet. So you stand to lose more when behind but win the same when ahead by raising. So I'd just call.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:33 AM

Hand 1:
Hero calls. The SB's betting pattern seems a little bit odd. SB might be looking to keep the button in the hand for as long as possible, might be an idiot, might have improved on the river... With this action, it's tough to put him on a hand but there are plenty that beat hero. I think hero is behind here, but the pot is way too big to fold for one bet with top pair.

Hand 2:
Hero: Calls. MP most likely doesn't have you beat, as it would be really unusual not to raise the flop or c/r the turn with 2 pair or a set. Still, if UTG overcalls that's as good as MP calling one raise and if MP re-raises, you're most likely no good and can't go to war. I think UTG does call here if it's one to UTG; there isn't really a draw UTG could've missed and any pair/two pair will call here.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:25 PM

Hand 1: I think your screwed. There are soooo many ways your TPTK is not good here, but I think I call for sanity's sake. And it will give you a read on SB. Did you think about checking behind here?

Hand 2: I'm calling. River card really sucks.

Both hands look fine up 'til the river.

-Jaran

PS-way to stick it to pp, dude
Old 06-15-2005, 12:28 PM

Hand 1: Why raise the flop? I'm not sure I would. I'd fold the river.

Hand 2: I'd go for overcalls. He probably has a straight.

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-15-2005, 12:41 PM

Call, Call.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:47 PM

Hand 1: I dislike the flop raise. I call and plan on folding the turn UI. I call this river because i think there's a very good chance villian's two pair got counterfitted (not enough to reraise but certainly enough to call).

Hand 2: That donk bet sucks but I call it and expet to be shown trips.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:52 PM

You guys really don't like the flop play in Hand 1 with the overcards, the gut-shot, and the bet coming from my right?

That kinda surprises me.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:52 PM

Call both.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:00 PM

Call hand 1, and yes, I raise the flop. Don't forget you just pwned QJ.

Call hand 2. Not much to say here. He very rarely has a boat IMO. Plus, raising could get you heads up, which you dont want on the off chance that he does have a boat.