Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 02:39 AM

Default Need some help on this one.

Sorry i dont have the hand histories but these hands have been bugging me all day. I was playing in a 500 pt Full Tilt tourny where the final table all get tokens to a $26 tourny.

There was 186 entries and about 42 left. I was about average stack with around 5200 and was playing loose and aggresive. Blinds were 50-100

In one hand i had A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the cutoff and folds to me so i limp. Folds to the blinds who both call. Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and goes checks all around, Turn comes a 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and was checked to me, so i fire 300 into the pot. The big blind calls, (i saw him as a loose call station type player) River comes A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] And he goes all in for about 2,300.

What would you guys do here? I wasnt sure if this was some "Bluff at the scare card" play but i folded. I think it might have been a bluff because i was picking up a lot of pots and raising the blinds a lot. (Even though i had a real hand most of the time)

Another pot came up about 5 hands later where i raised with A10 and was called by one of the blinds (Different person than previous hand). The flop came rags and he moved in right away!

Im not sure if this move is an indication of strength or weakness, and i would like to know what you all think.