Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Can a dealer do this?

I am playing a live MTT the other night, and we get down to 2 tables so they rope off the area. One of the players (everyone knew his name so I assume he is a regular) would turn and talk to his wife who was sitting behind him whenever he wasn't involved in the action.

He was sitting to my right when I got JJ. I raised it 3X BB in LP and everyone folded. I flashed the table my cards and mucked them. Just then the talkative guy turns around and asks, "What did he have?" The dealer tells him, "Pocket jacks." Then they guy asked, "How much did he raise?" And the dealer said, "2400, three times the big blind." Is this ok?

Was it the dealer's place to do this?

P.S.
How do you handle this situation: The guy who speculates about your hand when he is not involved in the hand? Example, it is HU on the river and I check raise my FH, but as my opponent is milling over whether to call or not a player no longer in the hand will say (to look like a genius, not to be helpful), "Oh, he made his straight," causing my opponent to muck.