Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 01:08 PM

Default How will TJ Ford do this season?

I like this guy... and I think he's going to have a good year and surprise some people.

Of course, he's coming back from like a shattered spine or whatever, so we'll see...

Thoughts?
Old 07-20-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: How will TJ Ford do this season?

he's done.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:51 PM

Yeah, the whole shattered spine thing isnt very encouraging.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:28 PM

It wasn't shattered c'mon. He will be at least an average point in the nba and may show you some things you wont be expecting out of a player whos been benched for 2 seasons. I wish he would not have played that pick-up game.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:38 PM

Well there is a good espn article about him today and a story about him is being run on outside the lines tonight. From what I can gather his surgery was a complete success and his spine is actually stronger now than a typical person.

I think he'll turn into a very good pass first PG. He really turned it on for the Bucks in the last 20 games or so his rookie year and his loss was one of the main reasons they struggled so much last year. Will likely finish in the top 5 in assists every year once he starts getting starters minutes again, which should be a month or two into this season. He was 3rd in assists per 48 minutes his rookie year behind Nash and Kidd.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:14 PM

you messed this up originally, didn't you?
Old 07-20-2005, 08:15 PM

Just to clarify - He bruised his spinal cord in a game against Minnesota in Feb 2004.

Ford Shows Old Moves

I love the guy, but I am not 100% convinced that he (5-11 165 lbs) can take the pounding of the NBA night in and night out. Hopefully he proves me wrong and returns to his rookie year form for many years to come because healthy, he is a great player. At the very least, the added passing dimention that TJ and Bogut are going to bring to the Bucks this year should result in tons of SICK dunks by Desmond Mason.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:51 PM

I doubt he will ever have the mobility that he had when he was at Texas and his first year with the Bucks. Being that he is a PG this probabily will affect him more than say if he were a PF.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:42 AM

If people were to bother to look into the nature of his injury, they'd realize he will basically be the same athletically as he was before. He bruised his spinal cord due to his spinal stenosis. The surgery that was performed fixed his spinal stenosis and his bruised spine has healed. Basically he is 100% healthy and the only issues are getting back in shape, working off the rust, and getting over any mental roadblocks he may have after suffering such a serious injury.

The nature of his injury was either the surgery was not successful and he never plays again due to the risk of paralyzation, or the surgery was a success and he plays again and has no loss of his atheltic abilty. You can equate it to the Eddy Curry situation. Either his heart condition is too risky and he cannot play, or he receives medical clearance and is cleared to play. He will still be the same athlete. The surgery Ford had will not affect his athleticism.

A statement Monday from Dr. Robert Watkins of the Los Angeles Spine Surgery Institute, said Ford has made a complete recovery.

"His prognosis is excellent for a normal basketball career," said Watkins, who performed the surgery.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:15 AM

He's still too damn short and can't shoot, and will probably be about as mediocre as he would have been had he not got hurt.

Decent backup, but probably not ever a starting quality player.