Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Can you find any errors in my play here???

Its been said, but needs to be resaid. You arent protecting anything on the turn by doing a checkraise. If the previous streets aggressor was directly on your right and you were sure he would bet again, then go for the checkraise to protect.

Your action on the flop came from the MP position and by the time you checkraise you are only making 1 person out of the 4 call 2 cold to continue. The others now have at least 10-1 odds to call (by the time it get to CO again he could be getting 15-1 on his call, how is that protecting?), whereas they wouldve had as little as 5-1 odds if you just lead out.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:17 PM

I was pokerstoving the flop, I think I said that but maybe not...anyway, I like the turn personally. He's charging a draw the maximum to see the river. They're going to call anyway. And overcards are going to fold the turn, you're correct.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

flop.... wtf? why are you counting outs with TP????
just bet it out

[/ QUOTE ]
I knew I had top pair on this flop but with such a loose table I didnt think my pair was gonna hold up(maybe this was my error to start with)...Let say I had top pair with an A or K or other good cards, than I wouldnt worry about outs on the flop..I just wanted to clearify that I knew I had top pair on the flop and I usually dont care about outs when i do have it...
Hades18

there were so many cards that could come to give one of my many opponents top pair, so I played like I had to improve to win the hand, and if I would of had a higher top pair that had a chance of winning UI I would not have counted outs like I was drawing..
Thxs for all the replies....
Old 11-01-2005, 01:28 PM

on the flop, you're probably best. at these limits, any flush draw, any middle or bottom pair, any Ax in position will bet this flop when checked to. i'd try for a C/R. betting out's not bad either, but IMO both options are preferable to check-call.

on the turn, i would lead here. your 2 pair are best here a good % of the time and given the chance, OESD's and f-draws will check this through (esp. if you raised the flop) but call when presented with a bet. naked 8's will sometimes raise you, and any other pair you're beating will come along for the ride or fold.

the river bet is good.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:30 PM

With a hand like this on this kind of draw-ish board, don't you have to ask how often you're going to be ahead by the river?
Old 11-01-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With a hand like this on this kind of draw-ish board, don't you have to ask how often you're going to be ahead by the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it that you're putting villains on? if it's a fdraw or OESD, how confident are you that hands like those will bet this turn if checked to? What about a pair weaker than yours like say, A6s?