Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Aggression Factor for 6 max games?

I'm just wondering what kind of aggression factor would be considered "good" for the 6 max games on Party? Right now, mine is at 2.47 including pre-flop statistics. Is this too high or low for the short handed games. I figure somewhere around 2 would be good, but where is the maniac line drawn?
Old 01-03-2005, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Aggression Factor for 6 max games?

There is no correct answer for this... or at least not a single correct, accurate answer. FWIW, mine is about 2.5 w/out PF, and 2.1 with PF. You could probably be a solid winning player with your AF anywhere in the 1.5-3 range, but simply having an AF in that range will not make you a winner. If you're making good plays it'll probably fall in there, but you can't do it the other way around. As in you shouldn't be trying to just make plays that will make you have an "optimal" AF. You should always have a reason to bet, raise, or call, and not just be doing it to increase, or lower your AF on a particular street.

Stats and PT are great, and can help a lot when you use them to compliment proper strategy, but you should never use them as replacement for proper strategy.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:46 AM

Default Re: Aggression Factor for 6 max games?

There are a lot of posts about this in the archive.

Basically: The fewer players, and the higher aggressivness from those players, the more need to be aggressive cause often noone got a hand and if u dont play back with weak hands they will kill you. For example: 3 players with you in the middle, noone bets flop, turn gives u a pair, player before u bet: raise and fold is good, call is bad.