Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Should I bluff raise this river??

Ok, after 250 hands this villain has stats 45/10/2.5 with WTSD of 30. On a previous hand I raised preflop with like KK or something and the flop was J9x with two hearts. He donkbet, I raised and he folded.

Here I actually thought my flop raise had some immediate fold equity b/c of what happened on the previous hand I described. If he called I planned to take the free card on a non A/K/Q/7 turn.

The question: Does anyone bluff raise this river?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero
Old 08-21-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Should I bluff raise this river??

I rarely bluff raise the river and in this specific hand I continue that trend.

In my experience, after a player like this bets his hand like he did he is never going to fold to a river raise even if that river is an ace. He would have paid off your flush after you raised him though. It's certainly not going to work the 18% that you need it to to be profitable - 5% tops IMO.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:44 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

his flop-turn line suggests he really likes his hand. I don't think he's bluffing and I don't think he's too scared of the A
Old 08-21-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he called I planned to take the free card on a non A/K/Q/7 turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should take a free card on a turn of a 7, why would you allow yourself to get checkraised here, especially on a card that completes an oesd? What kind of hands are you trying to fold?

EDIT: Oh yeah I don't think raising the river works nearly often enough, but keep posting hands like this because I am looking for spots to bluff raise the river as I don't do it very often at all (almost never, in fact).
Old 08-21-2005, 09:03 PM

I'm not trying to fold any hands. I think I'm ahead a lot of the time I hit that 7 and don't really expect to get checkraised too often. If I am I have a lot of outs.