Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Weak Flush

Villain here is sLAGish at V$IP40/PFR20 and is capable of running a bluff, though not that often it seems. I have been consistently showing down good hands, though he must know I am FOS at times.

$5/$10 Hold'em (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Naphand is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Naphand checks.

Flop: (2.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Naphand bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (2.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Naphand bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

The lack of a raise PF means villain is unlikely to have an A or other big card of the soot. WTF does a 40/20 limp in with 4-way?

What is your plan - and how do you react to a cap?
Old 11-22-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Weak Flush

3-bet the turn

Krishan
Old 11-22-2005, 03:04 PM

It is a 2-part question. The second part is much more important as things do not end with the 3-bet...

You are infected with the 1-line simpleton virus, best get a check-up. Penicillin no good.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:05 PM

First 3-bet. If he caps. I am not sure if I am bet calling or check calling the river. Should a heart fall on the river I am not strong enough to bet fold so I check call.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is a 2-part question. The second part is much more important as things do not end with the 3-bet...

You are infected with the 1-line simpleton virus, best get a check-up. Penicillin no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, sorry, I kick him in the nuts when he caps. then I bet/call the river.

Krishan
Old 11-22-2005, 03:12 PM

3-bet the turn. If he caps then check-call any heart river or any card that pairs the board. I'd be tempted to bet any other river becuase I think he checks behind with Ah+pair, but check-calling is OK.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like moltipart questions as much as the next person but there is really only one question here.

Krishan
Old 11-22-2005, 03:15 PM

3 bet. If he caps I like a bet/call on a non heart non board pairing river. Check call if the river is a heart or if board pairs. I think he could have 2 pair, QT, T8, or just a lone heart and be trying to push you out. Get some more money in there.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:40 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, sorry, I kick him in the nuts when he caps. then I bet/call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can think of very few scenarios (really only if you feel like he is capping for a free showdown--rare) where bet-call is correct on the river after your opponent capped the turn
Old 11-22-2005, 03:41 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

3-bet and check-raise a non-heart or check-call a heart river if he caps