Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 07:28 AM

Default Re: My TruePoker WSOP 120K Hands Challenge - Update # 6

Get some books and take some time away from the table before the big one GL with those final hands man, this would kill me.

Mack
Old 06-07-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Results so far:

Hands Needed: 120,000
Hands Played: 91,229
Hands Left: 28,771

Estimated Hours: 292
Hours Played: 222
Hours to go: 70

Winning/Losings: + 573.00

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you missing a 0 in there somewhere? This is horrible for 100000 hands, unless you are playing .05/.10, then good job [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2005, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, you seem not to be getting paid off much (except maybe by me [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] ) because of how straight-forward you are forced to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

I don't get it. Straight Foward is where the money is.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, of course. Maybe poor choice of words. But when even calling stations are folding to your bets and raises, maybe you've gone a bit too far....

It just seemed to me O'Doyle was avoiding situations where he wasn't a big favorite. In the hand I mentioned in a previous post, IIRC, he had QQ in EP while I had AA in LP. He flopped a FH and check-raised the turn. I think I should have 3-bet here, but did not because I suspected a monster. I think he's putting the fear of God into his opponents-- not always a good thing in poker, but probably unavoidable considering what he's doing.

Of course my critique may not be accurate-- I don't claim any great poker skill or insight. These are just my observations, for whatever they are worth....

O'Doyle: sorry if any of this seems unwarranted, and again, best of luck to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Devil,

I always appreciate any constructive advice/critisizm of my play. To me, naturally, I feel that I am never getting paid off on my big hands and people never fold to my TPTK hand and always hit on the end. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] (Ok, more whining on my part.)
Old 06-07-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Results so far:

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you missing a 0 in there somewhere? This is horrible for 100000 hands, unless you are playing .05/.10, then good job [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I am not playing .05/.10. This play has been split approximately this way:

$1/$2 - 65%
$25 NL - 20%
$2/$4 - 10%
$3/$6 - 2 %
$5/$10 - 2 %
$50 NL - 1%

No disrespect sir, but I challenge you to play over 91,000 hands in 29 days (3 days of this challenge I only played 24 hands) while also working a full time job and let's see where your win rate ends up. If you're comparing this to playing 10K, 20k, 30k, 40k, 50K hands in a month's time, this is a night and day difference.

I would be willing to wager that almost every winning player that is on this forum would see their win rate plummet if they played this amount of hands in the amount of time I have.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jane, get me off this crazy thing! (Obscure Family Guy reference)

[/ QUOTE ]

improved your post

[/ QUOTE ]

? I'm not familiar with FG, but that certainly was a Jetsons reference. Did FG swipe it?

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it was a full-blown Jetsons bit within the show. So it was clearly referencing the Jetsons, not stealing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't aware of the Family Guy using the line in he show. I do remember Mike Myers using it in "I married an axe murderer."

My two favorite lines in that movie was spoken by Mike Myer's Scottish father in the movie. (played by Mike Myers as well)

They were: "Head!" (naturally a favorite for obvious reasons)

and of course: "Piper down! I repeat, we have a piper down!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget his tirade about he Colonel. "Ay the Colonel, with his wee beedy eyes! He puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes you crave it night and day you smartass!" Sorry if I butchered it, its been too long since I've seen that movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe he makes you crave it fortnighly but you got the majority of it.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Odoyle, Harrington on Holdem 1 & 2 plus some warmup tourneys should do the trick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just placed my order for HOH # 1 & 2. (Sure seems to be the consensus around here that they can make a difference. Hmm, wonder why?)
Old 06-07-2005, 04:13 PM

what's up with the cranium-contest?

Granny wants action and will be happy to measure you two myself and post the results immediately from vegas.
(note to self--- bring latex gloves)

wooo

Old 06-08-2005, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what's up with the cranium-contest?

Granny wants action and will be happy to measure you two myself and post the results immediately from vegas.
(note to self--- bring latex gloves)

wooo

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't talked to Mr. True in a while, so I don't know if "The Measure of the Melons" is going to happen in Vegas or not. I am assuming you have a 50 foot measuring tape?
Old 06-08-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Results so far:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Give the dude a break. I'm amazed he's able to play break-even poker... He's playing like 500 hands an hour for like 6 hours a day on top of a job. I would be hemmoraging cash. Hah.

-Todd

And though I think there's something sick and wrong with this much poker... I commend you for your work ethic. Good luck, Doyle!
Old 06-08-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No disrespect sir, but I challenge you to play over 91,000 hands in 29 days (3 days of this challenge I only played 24 hands) while also working a full time job and let's see where your win rate ends up.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I played 90,000 hands in 30 days and only won $500 I'd shoot myself in the head....either that or work on not being such a terrible poker player.