Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2004, 01:24 AM

Default JJ multiway turn raise

Table was loose passive. I was concentrating on getting outplayed at the 2+2 table so my individual reads were not fantastic.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (14.66 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (10.83 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
BB folds, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>
Old 10-08-2004, 01:33 AM

Default Re: JJ multiway turn raise

I think this play is entirely dependent on what you think this player has. In general I like not raising on this flop and hitting it on the turn.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:37 AM

Good plan to wait for the turn to raise. I hope he wasnt betting a big hand, or a diamond draw with a K in it. Was a good play though.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:00 AM

I'd raise the flop on this one. I'm a big raise the turn guy, but that's better for when the turn card will make you want to fold. Few cards will do that here as you have a straight draw, a backdoor flush draw, and will invariably be going to the river.

Since that is the case, go ahead and jam it up now with a hand that figures to be best hand with a reasonable draw. You still have 3 people behind you, make em pay two to get there on you. Plus, UTG1 might 3-bet, allowing me to smoothcall and raise the turn anways.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:22 AM

Clark is right on here. Your pot equity is much higher on the flop here than it is in hands that you prefer to raise the turn with. Jam it up on the flop.