Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Flopping the 3rd nut flush...

...Well the 4th really. NL $100. Only 4 hand at the table and no stats/reads on anybody.

I have $135, villain has me covered.

3 limpers to me in the C/O I call w/J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], button calls, sb completes, bb checks

flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Blinds check, UTG limper bets $4, I raise to $14, button pushes, UTG thinks forever and announces he's laying down a monster and folds...and I...call.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Flopping the 3rd nut flush...

easy call for me
Old 10-22-2005, 01:13 PM

Ive seen all sorts of people limp in with KTs and even K9s. I think you're beat. Even if you arent beat, if he has the K or Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] you still might lose. I'd fold.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive seen all sorts of people limp in with KTs and even K9s. I think you're beat. Even if you arent beat, if he has the K or Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] you still might lose. I'd fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is terrible advice. Unless you have a serious read on pusher, this is an easy call.

-T
Old 10-22-2005, 01:24 PM

It wasnt advice. Its an opinion based on my playstyle and expreience. If you figure, there is what... about $20 in the pot - Im not pushing 4x that on a bluff.

I'll be the first to admit though, I am not the most agressive player in the world. I tend to think in terms of money won/lost still.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It wasnt advice. Its an opinion based on my playstyle and expreience. If you figure, there is what... about $20 in the pot - Im not pushing 4x that on a bluff.

I'll be the first to admit though, I am not the most agressive player in the world. I tend to think in terms of money won/lost still.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, anything you post regarding a hand here is pretty much advice. Saying "I'd fold there b/c..." is advice. Advice is "opinion based on...experience", no?

Regardless, I expect a baby flush to push this more than the nut flush. Also, I would expect a push from lots of other hands (sets, 2pair, pair+NFD), and I will gladly call those hands. Come on, saying "he might have a K or Q of spades, and you might lose anyways" is bad. You know that.

-T
Old 10-22-2005, 01:30 PM

If he had the nut flush it seems he might show some restraint and not push right away. Yes you re-raise the re-raise but not so much that you make it easy for a lower flush to drop. There are 2 more streets to get the money in, this does seem a little strange.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, anything you post regarding a hand here is pretty much advice. Saying "I'd fold there b/c..." is advice. Advice is "opinion based on...experience", no?

Regardless, I expect a baby flush to push this more than the nut flush. Also, I would expect a push from lots of other hands (sets, 2pair, pair+NFD), and I will gladly call those hands. Come on, saying "he might have a K or Q of spades, and you might lose anyways" is bad. You know that.

-T

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. I dont mind being wrong if someone explains to me why I am. After all, thats why we're here right?

SO now that I think about it, you're right. If I have the nut flush and just got raised, why not call and see what else I can get out of him. A push is as likely to be folded, as not.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:33 PM

Yeah - im seeing that now.

I have a LONG way to go.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah - im seeing that now.

I have a LONG way to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

We all have a long way to go, or we'd be playing 50/100NL, not .5/1NL.

Working through these things is helpful to everyone. Keep posting and asking questions, and if you are wrong, someone will point it out. No big deal.

-T

P.S. I am wrong a fair amount too, but usually more when I am actually playing. Having five minutes to think about a hand makes it much easier.