Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2004, 01:37 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default PLO hi/lo $0.50/$1 Should I have folded?

I had the 3/4 of hearts and was on the BB and the flop was A/A/2 with the A/2 being hearts. Just needed the 5 of hearts for the straight flush or any low card other than a 3 or 4 for the nut low.

Two other players stuck around and were raising it up, and the turn was a K of diamonds. One guy went all-in for about 9 bucks and another guy raised it to 18 bucks. There was about 45-50 bucks in the pot and I figured if I could catch a low card or the miracle straight flush I could make a boatload on the pot.

I debated folding, I hate chasing hands when I'm up against an obvious made boat, but I called it and the river was a 9. *sigh*

So after the guy bet out again I had no choice but to fold, and he held A/2. Did I make the right call? I'm pretty sure I did. I prefer to have more players in the hand to increase my possible profit with a draw like that, but figured there was so much money going in I had to take a stab at it.

Wound up losing 25 bucks into that pot, although kept my showdown win rate at 100%. By the way, was sitting on 150 bucks at the table, player who was already all-in only had about 20 bucks and the other player had around 115 total. Did I make the right play by sticking around or should I have ran?