Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: To sit or not to sit:
What a gold mine!. Let me sit and make my fortune. 3 6.12%
Mmmm. I need to watch/datamine these players for at least 2 days before I sit in these games. 4 8.16%
I can probably beat this game, but there are greener pastures elsewhere. 42 85.71%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2004, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Final Three Decision Point

My best initial guess would be he is pushing with any face or any ace. This being said, I would want to maximize my chances of knocking him out if I were going to call. So, I'd call with Jacks or better, AK, AQs and KQs.
Old 11-27-2004, 04:54 AM

SIX replies for 22!?! Please provide rationale!
Old 11-28-2004, 01:26 AM

If you knew what the other guy had you would do a lot of things. My point is that with a pocket pair you are probably going to be a 60%-80% favorite against most of the hands that a player who is constantly pushing is going to push with. Take advantage of it as much as possible.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:32 AM

Default Poll and Hand Results

Thanks to all who responded to my poll! Of the 58 current poll responses, about 72% fall in the 55 to 99 range, with the modal and median response being 77.

In the heat of the battle, I felt like I probably made a mistake about 2 seconds after mucking pocket jacks. [My decision may have been influenced by the fact that I had just lost a chunk of my stack to FF in a pot where he called my preflop raise.] TT called all-in with AQs and doubled-up after flopping two pair. I'm not sure whether TT was thinking well enough to muck AQs had I called first.

But don't despair for the gerbil! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I battled on after that pot, and eventually busted TT when he overplayed his top-pair-medium-kicker. With the chip lead, I made quick work of FF to win the tournament! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Do you think it was a big mistake to muck JJ?

-PG