Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: is HighestRB a scam?

[ QUOTE ]
I think its every affiliates nightmare to be processing payments and end up short

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, don't send out payments until you have everyones results and make sure they add up? If they don't add up, you can have everyone send their hand histories and do the numbers yourself. If they still don't add up, you can spot check hand histories with Party until you've found the cheat.

Is this a PITA? Yes. But you signed people up with the expectation of getting their RB, and you have an obligation to try and deliver on that promise. If you clearly explain that cheats will eventually get caught and forfeit their rakeback, I think you won't have too much trouble with your players trying to game the system.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think its every affiliates nightmare to be processing payments and end up short

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, don't send out payments until you have everyones results and make sure they add up? If they don't add up, you can have everyone send their hand histories and do the numbers yourself. If they still don't add up, you can spot check hand histories with Party until you've found the cheat.

Is this a PITA? Yes. But you signed people up with the expectation of getting their RB, and you have an obligation to try and deliver on that promise. If you clearly explain that cheats will eventually get caught and forfeit their rakeback, I think you won't have too much trouble with your players trying to game the system.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be spectacular, but I imagine it requires more work than most affiliates would be willing to do. Very good idea though...
Old 11-01-2005, 02:08 PM

Even hand histories don't solve the problem. There is also the case of bonuses, which will reduce your MGR, but there will be no evidence of. You may be able to tell if someone over-reports their MGR (beyond what is in their hand histories), but you usually can't tell if someone fails to report that they earned a bonus.

It still leaves you open to a situation where your players are collectively reporting more rakeback than the site is paying you, when you have no ability to track down the discrepency.

You must completely trust your players when using their self-reported stats, or you are just asking for trouble. For any large scale affiliate, this would have to be damn near impossible.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:17 PM

That's what happens when you deal with people who run illegal businesses. Party doesn't allow RB, so if you sign up for a RB deal, you're on your own. Personally, I wouldn't deal with an affiliate who breaks the rules of the poker room. When something goes wrong, you'll get no help from the room.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's what happens when you deal with people who run illegal businesses. Party doesn't allow RB, so if you sign up for a RB deal, you're on your own. Personally, I wouldn't deal with an affiliate who breaks the rules of the poker room. When something goes wrong, you'll get no help from the room.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a reply to me? i'm not asking for any help from party. it can't go any wrong-er than getting no RB.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
One problem with this is chargebacks. With PT and histories, you have no way of knowing if there are any chargebacks, not only because of bonuses, but also because of checks not clearing, etc.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:49 AM

This setup have a flaw, but is doable.

FLAW - person gets caught and forfeit their rakeback, same person to blackmails you (ie, threatens to report your rakeback operation to party (whom will crack it pretty quick)) if you dont pay him/hers rakeback, so you are in lose/lose situation...

So this setup should only be made with trusted persons... that dont cheat you...
Old 11-04-2005, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're on your own anyway. Name one instance where a room helped a player collect from a deadbeat affiliate. [I'm aware a few small rooms pay directly--it's nice when it's available.]

Compliance with site rules *may* protect the affiliate from the room, but it does nothing to protect the player from the affiliate.

Note that the rule the affiliate breaks is typically the one that says the player should get nothing. I really don't see how players benefit from insisting that affiliates adhere to that rule.