Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Was This A Good or Bad Gigabet-Wannabe Play?

[ QUOTE ]
I made a play, it was a pretty horrible one, but I learned something from it. Worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What could you possibly learn from this play that you didn't know before it....if you are truthfully honest here you WERE NOT one of the best 3 in the tournament, my grandma would lay this down in a heartbeat. Please post your revelations about this play that was so worth this play to create such a learning experience, I(and I'm sure many others) are VERY interested in hearing.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:21 AM

he learnt not to try and play like he thinks gigabet plays

I bet there are a lot of people who would do a lot better if they didn't incorrectly play the way they think good players play.

So yeah, I would say he did learn something.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't flatter yourself. I was well aware my 43o wasn't ahead. But if you run numbers and give them something like AJ and AQ, I suddenly have the equity to make that call.

[/ QUOTE ]

brutally honest???? u are a moran!!!! your equity figures are wrong EVEN IF you figure those hands but figure in AA-99 or even AA-JJ. You are such a moran!!!!!!!!!! WTF are you thinking let alone coming to this forum saying you were one of the best 3 left in the tournament and saying you think this was a correct call???? OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd say with that move you were the donk of the tournament.

Brutally Honest!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

The worst is i've seen you giving advice recently on this forum like you know what you are talking about. I am soooo sorry for anyone who listened. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Prana,

I think we can agree that this was not a good play and not gigabetesque by any stretch of the imagination. But brutally honest does not mean insulting our fellow 2+2er. Constructive criticism is one thing, being a jackass is another.

Read this
Old 09-06-2005, 04:29 AM

this play isn't all that bad. I like that you are thinking about plays like this. Granted you don't have odds for it. But i think at this stage defending your blinds with an ultra loose call makes defending them that much easier from then out. You may be able to make the tChip EV back just on your image. Although in isolatioin this play is horrible, in the contect of a tourney it can be made to be decent. I'd be more impressed if you where up against AQ and AJ or AK and AK. However I'm folding this unless my chip lead is huge or the implied odds are huge, or if it's the end of a sat.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:33 AM

I knew the link before I even hit it LOL. He asked for brutal honesty and I gave it.

I don't care what you think, asking whether this was a good play on this forum and then saying he's sure he's top 3 of 80 because "he is a cocky SOB" and has "made several final tables before" is soooo much of an oxymoran it's not even funny. It's like the guy posting on the STT forum earlier saying he was unable to be taught more and had a 17% ROI on the 10's and 24% on the 20's. Give me a fukkin break. Like i said my grandma would lay this down in a heartbeat and I just taught her how to play.He asked for brutal honesty and I am just giving what he asked for, "brutal honesty".
Old 09-06-2005, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it THAT out of the question that a player who has SEVERAL final tables in small touranments like this dares say that he might be one of the Top 3 best players out of the 80 left?!?! I think not.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!!!!!! I have made 18 out of the last 30 final tables I have played in "small" tournaments. It is really easy to find fish in these low buy-in tourneys and accumulate big stacks. That doesn't mean [censored] to me at all. I want BIG WINS IN BIG TOURNAMENTS and until then I don't think I am s hit and won't settle with my education in poker. I am constantly trying to learn but I am hoping you know this was a horrible play and if you don't I hope you do now and I REALLY DIDN'T mean to be mean just fulfilling your wish of brutal honesty.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this play isn't all that bad. I like that you are thinking about plays like this. Granted you don't have odds for it. But i think at this stage defending your blinds with an ultra loose call makes defending them that much easier from then out. You may be able to make the tChip EV back just on your image. Although in isolatioin this play is horrible, in the contect of a tourney it can be made to be decent. I'd be more impressed if you where up against AQ and AJ or AK and AK. However I'm folding this unless my chip lead is huge or the implied odds are huge, or if it's the end of a sat.

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't this whole post an oxymoran?(meaning contradictory in every aspect)
Old 09-06-2005, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my post. He is thinking a correct way but misapplied his knowledge to an incorrect situation. It happens.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But i think at this stage defending your blinds with an ultra loose call makes defending them that much easier from then out. .

[/ QUOTE ]

How does this defense(with 4-3) make you any scarier. It makes people realize you are willing to gamble with HORRIBLE ODDS and push any better than marginal holding. Makes no sense. I mean this isn't even a marginal holding, it's horrible and makes people want the same action from you and your crap cards to double up through, ESPECIALLY IN SMALL BUYIN TOURNEYS!!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2005, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my post. He is thinking a correct way but misapplied his knowledge to an incorrect situation. It happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am pretty sure the first 30 posts stated and agreed that there was NO correct thinking in this post and I don't understand how it could be "knowledge" if he misapplied it completely. Knowledge starts with "know" so I'm pretty sure if it was actually knowledge(or known) it wouldn't be misapplied--another contradictory statement on your part.