Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Question to you new posters

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: I finally gave in to the 'hot chic avatar' craze [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, baby!
Old 05-06-2005, 01:31 AM

45, physician

via google
Old 05-06-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I posted one of these a while back. I guess every kind of post comes up every once in a while. I'm not new in the last 6 weeks, but Yugo answered and he sure isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

1. 42 (thanks, Shadow, for keeping me from being the grayest of the graybeards). Two kids, about a year's worth of on-line poker under my belt (mostly limit). Computer Programmer turned manager/executive (what a mistake that was).

2. Not sure how I found this place -- probably google, but I really can't remember.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:28 AM

I can't remember if I answered this before...

1) 26, graduate student at Berkeley. I'm moving to Las Vegas in two weeks to work on shoving nuclear waste under Nevada for my PhD. I hear the Wynn will be deserted pretty soon. Maybe we can put it there.

2) the back of HEPFAP I think
Old 05-06-2005, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. I fly planes n'stuff,

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you fly? In my former life (prior to kids), I owned a small cessna and used to tool around all over the southeast US.

On clear, cool spring days, I really miss it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, cool to see another pilot on the board!

Anyways, I primarily fly C172s and Piper Seminoles, though I have experience in other aircraft. Unfortunately I don't fly much, since I'm just an unemployed CFI/CFII/MEI (I refuse to work for $18k/yr with the responsibility that comes with the job). I still intend on flying for a career, but only after building my hours on the side while actually making a decent living with some other full-time job.

What kind of Cessna did you own?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a 1972 182 I shared with a buddy. I learned in 172s and the difference between a 172 and a 182 is amazing. I could pack it full of crap and it still lept off the runway.

I never got past SEL-I (I flew into KAVL a lot, so the instrument rating was essential). I was working on my CFI when I had my first son (who got more flight hours during his first year than most people). After that, the time and money commitment was just too much. My medical and ticket both have lapsed, but one of these days I'll get current again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't expect I'd see anyone else here who flew, heh, nice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm 18, about to graduate from high school, then heading off to Purdue as a professional flight major... job market being what it is currently, though, I think I'm going to switch to ATC. I've currently got a hundred and ten hours and an instrument ticket, almost entirely in 172's.

Leben, where do you fly? I'm still in PA for the summer until I move out to Indiana.

-- Discovered 2+2 from Small Stakes Hold'em.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:19 AM

1.) I am 26 years old. I completed a MSc in Virology in 2003, and am in my 2nd year of medical school.

2.) I used to post a bit years ago (1999-2000ish) when I was a B&M low-limit junky under "smallfry". I think I found the site from one of the 2+2 books.

McBandit
Old 05-06-2005, 05:11 AM

21 Year old senior in college, playing for a living part time until graduation in august found out about 2+2 from RGP
Old 05-06-2005, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW Scuba, you need a hot chick for your avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-06-2005, 09:33 AM

Been posting a while to the SSNL forum but have recently switched to mostly tourney poker.

I'm 35, a financial planner to the very rich, and fill most of Irie's background prerequisites for success. All except that natural born poker player one....

I found 2+2 with google when I was looking for help for my game.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:37 AM

two words:

roger manning