Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 03:44 AM

Default Too much turn aggression

Over 20 hands he was like 17/5 and went to showdown 0/7 times, not that that really means much, but hey.

I think I need to fold the flop as it looks like the only hands I'm ahead of are A9 and 88 and maybe something like JTs/KTs although that seems unlikely.

If I do decide to see it through should I just 3 bet the flop? I think I wait for the turn too much in these situations.

Cryptologic 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:05 AM

Default Re: Too much turn aggression

you can rule out a lot of hands because he raised UTG here and is not very aggro preflop for 6max. I like check raising the flop and folding to a 3 bet or if your going to do it your way just call down from the turn on. raising doesnt really accomplish much on this turn. Id put him on JJ or AQ here. hes definately afraid of you tho so im leaning towards JJ.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:09 AM

Check-raising this flop is impossible.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:12 AM

God this hand is killing me. I really want to call down, but like you said the only plausible hands you are ahead of here are A9 and 88. A7 is possible too but unlikely. Ugh. If I were to go to showdown I just really don't see how raising the turn is better than simply calling down.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:18 AM

I was thinking he wouldn't fire again if he had something like JT unimproved, and I might not get a bet out of 88. I was also hoping he might fold a better hand even though the chances of that happening are pretty slim, he does look like he could be weak tight though and him folding JJ isn't out of the question.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check-raising this flop is impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha im an idiot, sorry betting is the right answer. but you got check raised so you have to give some credit to him.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:28 AM

I agree that him folding JJ isn't impossible...but probably not really worth considering here. I'm not a fan of the turn raise.

A9 or possibly even K9s are still very possible but you might as well just call it down I think.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking he wouldn't fire again if he had something like JT unimproved, and I might not get a bet out of 88. I was also hoping he might fold a better hand even though the chances of that happening are pretty slim, he does look like he could be weak tight though and him folding JJ isn't out of the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

See my problem with raising here is that you're folding out the few hands you beat (apart from JT which is the least likely given preflop action). I agree that there's a good chance he'd fold JJ here but I think it is the only hand he folds that beats you.
I guess what I'm saying is, I think the hands that you want to raise for a free showdown are the ones with a draw-heavy board. This here, is not the case.