Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Folding AA HU on turn to CR

Villian is unknown. Versus a typical 3/6 opponent with a pretty small pot, I don't think I'm good enough here getting 7 to 2 to call down assuming a bet on the river and little chance for improvement. Is this too weak/tight?

Thanks!

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.16 BB
Old 12-09-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Folding AA HU on turn to CR

Very weaktight. He could have anything there. A lot of hands you are behind and have the odds to suckout on.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:30 PM

Seems like a bad fold to me. A lot of villains are going to bet if they have any part of the board when it's heads up. You automatically assuming he has a straight? I think you at least have to call the turn and see the river. If you fold in this spot you might be getting check/raise all day after this. You don't think he c/r with 2 pair that you can counterfeit on the river? Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:34 PM

this may be a leak but i like calling down, you cant put him on QT/T8 exaclty so you still have 8 outs to two pair (4.7:1) but you dont include calling a river bet because you fold if you dont improve and raise if you do. even if you dont improve there is still a chance that you are ahead if hes put you on a hand like AK/AQ etc
Old 12-09-2005, 10:34 PM

Call. You gots outs to counterfeit him and you'll be ahead enough of the time without catching any help on the river to make this profitable in the long term. You should seriously consider taking the same line post-flop with something like AT, so with AA it should be an easy call.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:30 PM

I fold there pretty much never. I might even 3-bet depending on my read. I definitely at least call down though...