Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 09:45 PM

Default Nut Str8, monotone board - what\'s your line?

Bear in mind that this is in the first hour of a $10+1 Party tournament. I may be the only player with a working brain at the table: Min-raises after five limpers; three cold-calls of huge PF bets, followed by check-folds; three guys all-in pre-flop (77 vs. 88 vs. 88). It was a circus.

So what's your line here? Folks are limping with any suited, so a made flush is not a crazy idea.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG+1 (t1405)
UTG+2 (t825)
MP1 (t1080)
MP2 (t1105)
MP3 (t130)
CO (t2170)
Button (t625)
Hero (t990)
BB (t510)
UTG (t1160)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls t20, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls t20, MP3 calls t20, CO calls t20, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t120) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">
Old 10-26-2005, 10:28 PM

Default Re: Nut Str8, monotone board - what\'s your line?

hmm...check call the flop and see what the action is like on the turn? I'd like to get away from this hand if another heart falls.
So c/c the flop and maybe lead a non threatening turn?
Old 10-26-2005, 10:29 PM

I would try to get all my money in on the flop.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:24 PM

I bet 200. Donkeys with Ax call, two pair hands/sets call (or push), the Kh calls, and lots of ppl with the Jh call. If no heart falls on the turn, I just jam the rest in. Yeah you probably lose Ax on the turn but the only alternative is to check which is a disaster for drawing hands that would have (mistakenly) called your push but will now check and fold if they miss. Two pair/sets/flopped flush you're getting all your money in with anyway so don't even worry about them.

I'm paying off a flush here. There's just too few chips and too many things to hit and too high of a donk factor for me to give anyone credit for it before my chips get in. Notice that you can get out relatively unscathed if the 4th heart pops up on the turn, but get lots of fun, big pot action otherwise.

Checkraising isn't much of an option on this flop since you can't really count on someone to bet enough to let you get all in. And you just give them a chance to get away from their mediumish hands and draws (A9/JhTx/etc). Just bet/bet/bet and get the good, drawing, and mediocre hands alike to play with you.

Everett
Old 10-27-2005, 02:34 AM

I agree that you should try to get all the money in on the flop or a blank turn. If all else fails, turn your spades upside down.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:09 AM

just push, in most cases top pair with a high heart will call you. Any set calls you. 2 pair prolly calls. Sure a flopped flush calls too, but you cant fold this fearing a made flush. get your money in when your ahead.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:03 PM

i think betting is much better than pushing. you want to give draws and hands like pair + gutshot a chance to semi-bluff all-in. you also save some money if you make a normal bet and the whole table pushes.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:23 PM

I like the check raise all-in here. If I check and two or more players get heavily involved in some big betting then I can look again at the chance of a made flush. If not then all in when it gets back round. By checking I gain information and give myself one chance to get out of it. It would have to be some real heavy betting for me to do that though.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:50 PM

Overbet the pot here to 200. A slowplayed AJ or weak ace will come along. The king of hearts is coming along no matter if he only had one card. Push a blank turn.