Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 07:07 PM

Default Re: ***Official Release*** Watch me play poker through .avi TStoneMBD

yah windows media player is the same way i think when you have it at full screen mode. if you only have 1 monitor setup and you want the video to be run at full screen on those programs without the menubar showing you have to keep your mouse still while watching the video. i dont know if the other video programs have a fix for that or not though.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:18 PM

I think there is something wrong with my computer that's making it not work. The error has something with the display driver not responding when I open your video. I'm going to try defragmenting my computer and see if I can update my display driver so I can get this video to play. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 07:22 PM

did you download the xvid codec? if not do that first. there is a link on the main page.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:27 PM

Ok, when I first downloaded the video I tried playing it without the xvid code. It just wouldn't play. So I went and downloaded the codec and I started getting this problem. My window fully maxes out and my screen goes completely back. Now if I wait like a minute or two my screen comes back as the highest resolution so everything on my screen looks huge. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I'm just glad my resolution goes back to normal after I restart my computer.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:14 PM

Cool idea, I'll check out one of your sessions and see if I can give any input.

Re: bandwidth...maybe you should look into using torrents? It would probably take longer than a direct download, but if you develop a following with your site/forum it would probably be the way to go since the bandwidth costs will no doubt get ridiculous as your userbase increases. (or maybe leave one or two sessions up for direct download to get people interested and then give instructions on the torrents for the rest? *shrug* just brainstorming)

GL,
J
Old 10-16-2005, 09:17 PM

my current hosting plan is like 120GB for $8/m. i think 120GBs should be more than enough for 50mb files, but if it extends past that i dont mind paying more. i think the knowledge i gain from the input i receive is worth more than the server fees. someone recommended i use bittorrent as well, but i dont like the idea because i think it will deter a large group of prospective users. im not too worried about paying money for this project. i think that money will be worth tenfold.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:01 PM

Yeah I see your point, and at those prices it doesn't look like it would matter very much.

After taking a look at the "session1" video I'd recommend going for higher quality. I know you're going to run up against the file size vs. quality dilemma, but in their current form I can barely follow the action because it moves so quickly and the video is somewhat jerky because of the low sample rate needed to handle 16x12 resolution (and yes, I have the xvid codec, and my computer is a pretty reasonable athlon 64 3200+ / 1GB ram system).

I'm really interested in following your site, but (as a viewer) I'd prefer to just watch one table (or maybe two) at a time (it makes it easier to follow the table, and to me the hands you fold are often just as interesting as the ones you play). If you cut your screen capture window down to just one or two tables you should be able to increase your sample rate which would improve the quality of the video and we'd still be able to have a reasonable file size.

Anyways, I hope you take this as constructive criticism and perhaps consider making some modifications for future files.

Peace,
J
Old 10-16-2005, 10:28 PM

i think it was bdids who recommended to me today that i cut out the boring stuff from the video files and only show the more interesting hands that take place. i think this is a good idea and should consider doing it but dont know how. if anyone knows of a program to make this easy or wants to do the dirty work for me lmk. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

also, some people have wanted to watch less tables because they cant follow the action. i figured that everyone at this point has 16x12 and even with 1024x you can make out the action well. however, i think in the future ill record some sessions 1tabling for those who prefer that. i think that in general however, recording sessions of 4tabling makes it easier to view more hands in a more condensed amount of time, which is one of the great features of this project in my eyes.

my computer is pretty poor as far as performance is concerned. one problem i had about recording higher quality videos is that it took my computer such a long time to convert a 660MB video into .avi and depending upon how the program cached it my ram couldnt hold it all. i could of course cut down the videos into 15 segments i guess.

im in the market for the 9300 inspiron and am going to use it as my main computer. i have been waiting for a coupon to come out but it looks like i entered the market at the wrong time. when i do get the laptop however if i go with the high end of specs it should be much easier for me to successfully record high quality videos. apparently it takes alot of system resources for a computer to record 1600x1200 and my computer just isnt very good at that performance stuff.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:46 AM

Hi jason, i recorded a session of myself 1tabling the 30/60 full. i have it uploaded on the site now. the frame rate is about 5frames a second, so its much prettier.

also, i just came up with an idea. i am going to start recording more sessions of myself 1 tabling for those that prefer that. however, there is a feature on my video recording program that allows me to pause/continue recording at any time. i could pause the recording while i am not playing and continue while i am! this would allow the videos to be condensed with more action over a smaller period of time and would make the project more efficient.

im going to give the pause/continue idea a test run and hopefully there isnt any software bugs that make it difficult.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:37 AM

I like it. There is always something that can be learned from it, and when people give feedback to you you can learn from it also.

The quality is lacking though, but that has already been said.