Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 10:50 AM

Default At the Crypto sites, your opponents bet for you..HH..thoughts please

I couldn’t find the hand history for this one hand….I don’t think the cryptological sites log viewer was working during this time, but I’ll try to explain this one the best that I can.

Short handed .50-1 NL table. I had only been playing for about 3 spins. I didn’t have too much info on any of the players but I did have an image of the cryptological sites. Is it me or are the people that play there way to hyper-aggressive for all the wrong reasons? They seem to love to push people off hands, and I think I’ve seen an all in an average of once every five hands on those sites, most times on the flop or turn. I’ve experienced +EV calling an all in with even just top pair. Based on this thinking I figured that I would get paid off if I made my hand, or better yet, have it bet for me, which is what happened here…but I’d like thoughts on the over all play of the hand.

Six handed I’m one off the button.

UTG folds
MP raises to $4 (stack size of approx $90)
I call with (9 10 suited spades) (stack size of $114)
Button Folds
Small blind calls (stack size of approx. $70)
Big blind folds

Flop comes 8 J A rainbow and none in my suit.
Small blind checks
MP original raiser bets $10
I call
Small blind raises to $20
MP calls
I call

Turn comes 7 spades
Small blind goes all in for approx. $46
MP calls $46
I move all in for $46 + $44
MP calls $20 and is all in.

Small blind shows AK for pair of aces King kicker.
MP shows JJ for three jacks
I show straight to the jack.

River cards is 4 of something and my straight holds up.

How did I play it? Do you need more info? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: At the Crypto sites, your opponents bet for you..HH..thoughts plea

I'm a little iffy on the preflop call, would like it more if you had a back door flush too(first call, second call was obvious imo). But if you can predict that the action would be like this if you hit then that's a buttload of implied odds and you can easily justify the call.

Everything after that seems standard, you got all the money in the middle, nice hand.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:56 AM

Default Re: At the Crypto sites, your opponents bet for you..HH..thoughts please

I dont like the flop call. Its a PSB, so we have to assume were busting alomost every time we make the straight, which just doesnt seem to be the case. Additionally, you still ahev SB to act (of coruse, this is highlighted by the fatc that I KNOW he c/r.) I think its an easy fold on the flop with no flush draw at all.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:57 AM

Default Re: At the Crypto sites, your opponents bet for you..HH..thoughts plea

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little iffy on the preflop call, would like it more if you had a back door flush too(first call, second call was obvious imo). But if you can predict that the action would be like this if you hit then that's a buttload of implied odds and you can easily justify the call.

Everything after that seems standard, you got all the money in the middle, nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 2nd flop call is standard, as is turn push.