Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 01:32 PM

Default AJs. Reraise this river?

I only have a few hands on villian but he's very loose and passive preflop and aggressive postflop. Don't know if he's tricky though but I assume that he likes to slowplay.

What's your river line after the raise?
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero??
Old 09-14-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: AJs. Reraise this river?

Check/raise the river IMO. Yes I would raise here though.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I only have a few hands on villian but he's very loose and passive preflop and aggressive postflop. Don't know if he's tricky though but I assume that he likes to slowplay.

What's your river line after the raise?
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero??

[/ QUOTE ]

3-bet and call the cap. There are lots of ways for him to have worse hands (trip tens, weaker flush, straight) and not as many ways for him to have a better hand (boat).
Old 09-14-2005, 02:00 PM

Reraise/call the river.

Personally I like the river lead, just in case villain was raising the turn for a free showdown with a 9 or Q.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check/raise the river IMO. Yes I would raise here though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is what you should do.

If you do decide to donk it, you are doing so with the intention of 3-betting. You can't afford to lead out and then say WTF when you get raised. If you don't feel comfortable 3-betting the river....don't bet. Check/raise and call a 3-bet if it comes.

Brad
Old 09-14-2005, 02:56 PM

grunching...

I'm raising this river. Its possible that villian picked up a straight on the turn which became a second best hand to a backdoor flush on the river. He might have also been waiting to raise the turn with his trip tens which is a popular play on a flop like that.