Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2004, 11:29 AM

Default Junk top pair in the BB

Party Poker 9 handed. Loose table. Hero is BB

1 fold, 2 calls, 2 folds, 2 calls, SB completes, (BB) Hero T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] checks

6 players (6 SB)
Flop T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets, hero???

I don't like folding top pair here but there are just too many ways to lose this hand by the river. I strongly doubt a raise is going to win this hand right here, although it may limit the field a little as someone MIGHT fold something like K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for 2 bets....but they just as easily may call. Any advice would be helpful.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Junk top pair in the BB

6 people in on the flop, dollars to donuts someone is playing the flush draw, someone else is probably playing a straight draw, and like you said, raising isn't going to win the hand.

You also have 4 people to act behind you, so if you call or raise you are probably going to get raised from there.

I know what you are saying about not wanting to fold top pair, but what I do in this situation is ask myself, "How many hands do I win with Ten three offsuit?"

I see this one as an easy fold.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:40 AM

This looks like a standard reverse implied odds spot. You might be best but more likely you're drawing very thin, the pot is small, and even if you are best right now there are lots of cards that could beat you to come. Easy fold.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:46 AM

Easy fold. Id he had checked and it was checked around to someone in LP, then CR.
Usually just call when itīs checked to someone in LP.