Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Huge Hand Monster Pot

My info on the preflop 3 better is that his 3 bet means AK or better. AQ is a slim possibility but unlikely given his prior history. The other player is unknown to me.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (17.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 27.25 BB
Old 12-03-2005, 05:18 AM

Default Re: Huge Hand Monster Pot

CO's gotta have 89,AK, x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], or TJ.
Button's play is very strange. Sure the board is danerous, but wouldn't you think he'd put in a bet somewhere on the flop or turn with QQ? I can't see him having anything worse that Jacks full by the river.

I like a cap PF. Donk bet is suspect, I probably just c/r or c/c here, but capping pf makes this easier to just lead out on. Given the way it played out PF and on the flop, I like the rest of it. You aren't very afraid of the turn getting checked through, because there's no hand that button can have that he isn't betting if CO tries for a free card. c/r is fine, cap the turn?

River looks fine. First call hoping to chop, by the end, you need to be up against two maniacs to be dragging more than a third of it.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Huge Hand Monster Pot

You should cap PF and 3-bet the flop. You are most likely ahead at this point, and you want to charge them as much as possible when you have the chance. What if he is (although unlikely) just raising the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and the turn gets checked trough? And the second guy may not be willing to pay off at the turn, but he will very likely put in at least another bet on the flop.