Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 02:26 AM

Default Fun with middle connectors

Villain has been around for about 40 hands. My read is that he's a little weak-tight preflop (I've stolen a few times and he's folding to others' raises as well). Postflop, he seems pretty loose passive.

Start making plans for the rest of the hand.

0) Would you even play this hand?
1) What range of hands do you think he has after the flop call?
2) Do you bet this turn or take the free card?
3) If he calls the turn bet, what outs do you think you have (second nut low is almost certainly no good)?
4) Do you plan to bet the river if you miss and he checks to you? Does it matter what card falls? If so, which cards do you bet and which do you check behind?

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets...</font>
Old 11-19-2005, 02:41 AM

Default Re: Fun with middle connectors

its borderline preflop, but fine with a weak tight BB

I'd check the turn here, he's been too loose postflop, you don't have SD value, and prob little fold equity ..

I'll post my estimations on handranges and river plans in a little bit
Old 11-19-2005, 02:53 AM

0) yes I would play this hand because I expect to steal the blinds often enought that I won't have to win that often after the flop in order to show profit. Plus he plays badly post flop, so when I get a good flop I can value bet the sh*t out of him. When I get a weak draw I can often get free cards.

1)I think he calls the flop bet with Big cards, A flush draw. A medium overpair.

2) I bet if he is much tighter on the turn. If he still calls with overs, I check.

3)Any non diamond 6 or 7 could be an out. A non diamond 5 gives us the nuts. The diamond outs can be counted as partial.

4)I don't bet any A or diamond. Since we've been betting all the way, I bluff given ~5-1 with the nut low. I'm more confident if he is what I call a "LOOSE chaser", someone who will call liberally trying to improve but who will be reluctant to call on the river. This type of player could fold enough Q and K highs and perhaps some A high to justify my bluff. I would be more reluctant to bet a Q or K but I think I still bet it if I think villain folds A high. Actually if he folds A high on the river, but calls the turn with overs, I would bet every card but the A of diamond.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:58 AM

0) No chance. Fold this on the button, its worthless. I would prefer to steal with Q2o which at least has some high card value.

1) Any 2 cards, but if i had to stab at one, i would guess a 5

2) Take the free card, but consider bluffing the river if you miss

3) Possibly: 5s, 6s, 7s?

4) I think you have to....
Old 11-19-2005, 03:34 AM

0) OR from Button seems relatively straightforward. This hand has many ways to connect after the flop, and given that he's appeared weak-tight so far, you can count on a steal quite often.

1) Most likely an Ace with another overcard but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a medium pocket pair or diamond draw, or just two overcards without an Ace.

2) This is a tough one for me because I think an Ace won't fold this turn. A mid PP or diamond draw definitely won't, so the only hand that would fold is a non-Ace high card hand. I think I'll check behind.

3) 5s are obvious. The 6s and 7s are possibilities, as is a non-Ace face card.

4) Bet a non-Ace, non-diamond.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:04 AM

He probably has a hand like A8 or QT that whiffed but he wants to take one off. If you've seen him calling the flop and folding to a turn bet before then bet away. He's passive though so there aren't any problems with checking the turn as he probably won't bet into you on the river. This pot is very small. There's not a lot of point in throwing more money at it with the second nut low if this guy is going to call you down.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:14 AM

Bet turn, Bet river...
Old 11-19-2005, 04:43 AM

I check behind on the turn.

I'm only willing to put one more BB into bluffing at this pot. Since I have outs, I'd rather see the river and the passive player is unlikely to bet into us on the river as a bluff.

I think it is likely to be +EV betting ANY river card if checked to. I don't think even a passive player lets a made hand get checked through.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:12 AM

1) yes
2) any 2
3) any 5,6,7
4) sure, lets bet. its our only chance. im more inclined to bet bet if pair or a A or Kcomes. but ill bet anything but a black 4.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:30 AM

1. Wouldnt play pre-flop
2. If he is week tight pre-flop I think he may have KT,QT,JT either suited or not suited Ax, small pair maybe.
3. You could have up to 9 outs (3 6s, 3 7s, and 4 5s) but I wouldnt count more than 6 outs dicounted for the diamonds.
4. I would bet the river at this point.

Note: This is an exmaple of going down the wrong path when your plan misses and now spew chips for no real reason. The purpose of the raise I assume pre-flop was to steal the BB. Given that it didnt work cut your losses and fold. He is loose passive post flop so he will most likey call you down with over cards and your hand has no value. Doesnt seem like a wise investment of chips: