Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 12:32 AM

Default 10/10 live deep-ish stacks

Action game in Amsterdam last night. Four or five limpers to me in LP. I raise to 80 with 64 off and about 3500 behind. BB (2K) calls, UTG (6K) calls. UTG - villain in this hand - seems to play solid, although he has shown little aggression preflop. But this could be due to the fact that there were plenty of others putting the raises in (including yours truly) and he sat to the right of one particularly loose donator.

Flop: T54 off
Pot ~280

Checked to me. I bet 200. UTG calls

Turn: 4

Check. I bet 500. Raise to 1100. I call.

River: J

Villain bets 800. Me?

Who folds to the minraise on the turn?
Old 11-13-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Re: 10/10 live deep-ish stacks

Call the turn bet and call the river bet. Bad idea raising on river.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:52 AM

Folding the turn is probably correct although it seems ridiculously weak. Once he check/calls, check/raises, then leads out the river I would get the point-he has me beat. Fold.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:29 AM

With money this deep 64o has some reverse implied odds.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:25 AM

I probably call river bet. He can easily have overpair, and be betting on river because you just called his turn mini c/r.

He doesnt put you on a four.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:42 AM

i call this.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:13 PM

Thanks for the replies.

Obviously I wanted to be done with this on the flop. When he called on the flop I though he had an overpair or a draw. If I were in his shoes, I would have bet or check-raised a set, hoping to build a big pot.
On the turn I was representing either an overpair or a bluff. Whatever it is, he can't put me on the 4. So I was a little confused about the minraise. I could have AA or KK, but he couldn't, because he limp-called. So why would he want to put himself in a tough spot with QQ or JJ? Or maybe AT? Could he have a set or 54? In the end I went with my first read and decided that he was bluffing.
I just called the river because I'd be beat if he called a raise. Somehow I expected to see 54 more, but he had 55. Oh well.

I wonder how I would have played if the turn was a 6. Maybe I'd have pushed, 'protecting' my small two pair and saving myself a tough decision on the river. What do you think?

Also, how would you play the set in his spot, against an aggressive player? That hand, since I raised with 64, he was right to assume I could have anything, most likely nothing or very little. Does it make more sense now to check-call?
Old 11-13-2005, 10:40 PM

I wonder how I would have played if the turn was a 6. Maybe I'd have pushed, 'protecting' my small two pair and saving myself a tough decision on the river. What do you think?

You have to play two pair exactly the same on the river. Pushing, will only allow better hands to call.