Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: So i get this email from partypoker......

Firefox works fine, Version 9.3 software works fine, however accessing our site with IE can create problems right now. There are no cookies, it's the IE history that's the problem. As far as we know, you can't automatically disable it. We are working on this. For now, you can go to Tools, Options, Clear History and you'll be fine.

This only applies to those that are interested/are currently customers. For those that want to respect the former phone sex line operators (it's a fact) decisions that's fine with us, this message isn't directed at you.

So I don't have to post again, let me argue the T & C thing now, someone will bring it up.

T & C's are a guideline, not a legal binding agreement. The T & C could say that they could clear your bank account for $10,000, most people wouldn't read it and just click "accept". Then is it legal for Party to take $10,000 from everyone? No. The T & C could say anything (we'll kill your dog) that doesn't make it binding. It's just supporting evidence if there is ever a court case. It doesn't change the law. If Party ever becomes legal in the United States, there will be a lawsuit. We looked into suing them in US courts but considering they wouldn't show, it's kind of pointless (except to set a precedent if they ever do become legal).

So some people respect Party's decision, some don't. The above is just an alternative for those that don't. Some could say, "if you don't like the rules, don't play on the site" and many have taken that route. The other option is to break the rules, which people do everyday (speeding, playing online poker in the US, etc).
Old 10-29-2005, 06:42 PM

I just hope they catch the cheats and keep their money.

I also hope that Adam Schultz dies of something really really nasty.

Lori
Old 10-29-2005, 06:47 PM

They've never taken anyone's money.

Last I checked my brother was alive and well, I'll let him know you have the best wishes in mind for him.

Tell Vikrant we said hi.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:50 PM

You are simple thieves, no better.

To tell people they won't lose their accounts for cheating so you can get $40 for a product that doesn't even work is really low.

I hope whatever he dies from is hereditary.

Lori
Old 10-29-2005, 07:14 PM

Lori...

unacceptable...
Old 10-29-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lori...

unacceptable...

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay , you follow him around the sites and tell them all of his user id's and I'll sit here passing criticism while he gets away with his fraud.

Lori
Old 10-29-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lori...

unacceptable...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true, Lori's response is perfectly acceptable.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:21 PM

Just don't use Poker Prophecy...simple.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:29 PM

Terrible thread (the hijack, not the OP). I think there has been a lot of terrible reasoning and behavior on both sides of the poker prophecy issue.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just don't use Poker Prophecy...simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man. I will admit everyonce in awhile I will use the prophecy website. I usually go to the google bar and type in the web address and go from there. I didnt want to have it in my history for this above reason. For some reason I could get a sample table search about once a week for free. I don't put any serious thought into it, but it was a just another tidbit of information that I could check up on some opponents who I run into on many occasions while I multi-table the 100's. But, anyhow I will stop using this free web based site. It really will not effect me at all, my only concern is Partypoker being "suspicious". That is very bad thing for me. I deleted all cookies and history. I also emailed party back and told them everything I told you. They gave me a warning. So, I guess everything is cool.

PS- I've heard Firefox is better than IE from a few people. Not just for the reason of this issue, but overall. I think I will download it and use it as my main browser. Thanks to all who responded to this thread.