Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Re: prophecy question..

[ QUOTE ]
I don't even have a temp folder in my Party folder.

[/ QUOTE ]

They create it when they snapshot your screen. You won't have been snapshotted unless you've raised flags somehow.

They may have even stopped the screenshot process (emails now claim that they don't screenshot), but I've seen way too many independent and consistent reports of screenshots showing up in the Party folder, always in a folder of the same name, about the same time warning emails were received, to not be pretty darn certain they used to and possibly still do this.

eastbay
Old 07-13-2005, 11:17 AM

They are certainly willing to search all around your computer, including your browser history and your windows registry when you try and install a new skin.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its likelihood is 100%. They do it all the time.

Usually it is a followup to having an automated process scan return a red flag, then they want to take a further look, so they snapshot the screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a bit different. They aren't using screenshots to detect what you're doing, which is what I think the original implication was. They're being used as evidence and maybe to throw out some false positives.

I also think that's an important distinction because given that they're only flagging you based on running processes or certain executables or whatever, it's very easy to circumvent. Whereas if they were actually randomly checking everyone's PP screenshots periodically (impractical but some people think this is how its done), there is not such an easy defense that comes to my mind.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:25 AM

Use another computer.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:29 AM

Just wait until they start scanning your entire network for Prophecy. And then interviewing all your close relatives and any friends you've had within the past 7 years.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wait until they start scanning your entire network for Prophecy. And then interview all your close relatives and any friends you've had within the past 7 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party Clearance Form PF-87

Please arrive at the interrogation center with a clean shaven chest, for best electrode contact.

[ ] Have you, or anyone you've associated with in the past 7 years, ever read a poker book that might give you an unfair advantage?

[ ] Have you, or anyone you've associated with in the past 7 years, ever used any poker software that might have given you an unfair advantage?

[ ] Have you, or anyone you've associated with in the past 7 years, ever had the thought that making a poker bot might actually be kind of a fun hobby?

List every address you've ever had since birth.

Name two references that you played poker with at each of these residences. Provide their full contact information, as well as their prior residences in the past 5 years.

X Sign in blood here:

You and everyone you know will be contacted by men in dark suits over the next 6 months, and you should hear back within a year. Maybe two.

eastbay
Old 07-13-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also think that's an important distinction because given that they're only flagging you based on running processes or certain executables or whatever, it's very easy to circumvent. Whereas if they were actually randomly checking everyone's PP screenshots periodically (impractical but some people think this is how its done), there is not such an easy defense that comes to my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off let me begin by saying we don't recommend doing the following. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Several customers of ours have changed their exe. files and have continued to use Poker Prophecy, I do want to stress we do not recommend this course of action because we are not sure if Party Poker is taking screenshots at this time. If you do change your exe. I would suggest using some creativity in the matter as pokerprophecy209309.exe will probably not work.

In regards to the screenshots we have found a firewall that claims to give you a blank screen when a screenshot is taken from a program that is all ready allowed in thru a port. I do not know the specifics of how it works and even if it does work to stop screenshots, we are actively testing this process out though.

Also you can love us or hate us, but we refuse to quietly go away and we will continue to have Poker Prophecy on Party Poker.