Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Flopped Tens Full

Got berated for my luckiness here...felt it was worth the call as villan has been running over the table and has a deep stack relative to bet I have to call to try and stack him (should he actually have a hand). Raise not necessarily respected by me (65% VPIP, 20% PFR 150 hands) - thoughts on my line?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter

SB ($47)
BB ($45.65)
UTG ($36.8)
Hero ($50)
MP1 ($40.55)
MP2 ($46)
MP3 ($62.85)
CO ($236.6)
Button ($89.15)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $2.50.

Flop: ($6.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, Button calls $9.

Turn: ($36.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $18</font>, Button calls $18.

River: ($72.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero calls $14 (All-In), Button calls $14.

Final Pot: $100.75

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ts Td (full house, tens full of fours).
Button has Ad As (two pair, aces and fours).
Outcome: Hero wins $100.75. </font>
Old 05-01-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Flopped Tens Full

Looks pretty standard, you flopped a set and got villians stack when he overplayed his overpair.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:43 AM

what about raising preflop with TT?
Old 05-01-2005, 01:46 AM

Bet harder. If the flush comes up, you may kill your action.

Bet pot on the flop, and reraise bigger, or call a raise and checkraise the turn all-in, or call a raise, call the turn, bet the river. There are many lines that would work great, but don't go around half-potting it.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:48 AM

Open raise. TT is premo. Otherwise you played it perfectly--even a flop checkraise would've been fine. A turn all-in would've made it more pretty, but it seems that you got your money in in a fine way.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:29 AM

Raising PF with TT UTG+1 is probably not going to work unless you are playing at a really weak/passive table. The flop is going to come with one overcard almost always, and two fairly frequently.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising PF with TT UTG+1 is probably not going to work unless you are playing at a really weak/passive table. The flop is going to come with one overcard almost always, and two fairly frequently.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is not going to work? Raising?

almost always
What's this all about? There are 16 overcards above Tens, and 32 "undercards".
Old 05-01-2005, 04:50 AM

Yeah, but 3 cards come on the flop, not just 1. 2/3*2/3*2/3 = 6/27, which is the probability of getting no overcards. That's pretty low, less than 25% of the time. And given how hard it is to get payed off when you flop no overcards (what can call you down here? 99? 88? A7?), it's not a great raise.

If you have position, TT is a lot better because you pick up way more pots preflop and lose nothing when the flop comes with a couple overcards and someone bets into.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:59 AM

WHAT? Is this math right - it can't be right. Someone check this math!

If you have position, TT is a lot better because you pick up way more pots preflop
Does this happen in tight games, or loose ones? How do I pick up way more pots preflop with TT? AFter so many people have already called the BB, they will likely call a raise (maybe that's limit strategy kicking in...)

lose nothing when the flop comes with a couple overcards and someone bets into.
I notice that at very aggressive players (and tables) like to bet into preflop raises, to test them, make them think, and steal the initiative in the hand. Why should I fold if a K flops and I"m bet into. Does it mean he's got a K? I wouldn't think so ( i don't think you'd think so either...)

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2005, 05:07 AM

I was assuming the whole table hadn't limped to you. If the whole table does limp to you, may as well play TT for set value (IMO). It depends on how tight the limpers are, and how weak they are postflop.

And if a very agressive players bets into on a K high flop, maybe you call. Otherwise its an easy fold.