Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2004, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Thirty-four AAs

[ QUOTE ]
and I'm saying it doesn't matter

and that is straight out of a Mason Malmuth essay... if you'd like me to post some quotes from the essay that prove the point, I'd be glad to.

[/ QUOTE ]

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!

am I the only one frustrated by this, over and over topics covered in the books that apparently no one is reading or has???

This is a 2+2 Forum, how about buying and reading some of the books people, then ask questions so we can all learn?

Crazy I know [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2004, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, please link this essay. I think that wuold be much more fruitful than implying I'm not qualified to explore a topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he could just play your AA hands for you? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2004, 10:44 AM

I don't know what limit you're playing at, but based on your aggression numbers I'd like to suggest that you may be limping in to too many pots preflop. With a PF aggression number of 0.38, this equates to limping (and completing SB) of about 19.75%, which means that your VP$IP is about 27%. Generally speaking, I think that this may be too high.

If you are seen to be limping in this often, it is possible that people may give you credit for a strong hand when you DO raise. Aside from the other reasons for not limping so often, this may be another symptom of these plays.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:44 AM

DDubois,

I'm not posting this to challenge or embarass you just as a possible answer to your problem with AA.

If you show 7.45 PFR then I believe you, but, I don't have you raising even half that much.

Perhaps you drastically changed your play and it hasn't caught up with you yet particularly with your opponents?

IE you want those people "that realize things" to see you raising with some "other" hands to call you down with AA.

There aren't that many observant opponents out there on Party, but, I've played with you a few times and I have you as "passive".

If you did change your style of play maybe you can look at the results of those 34 hands of AA before and after?

Just a thought. FWIW, I recently raised my PFR and I went from about 2.9BB/hand with AA to 3.36BB/hand. So maybe the same thing is happening to you.

Good Luck,

Styles
Old 04-27-2004, 12:53 PM

29 AA - 2.77BB per