Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 11:15 PM

Default 5/10 Big Blind, Pair with Ugly flop

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls $8 (All-In), SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.80 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (7.80 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds. (WEAK?)

Final Pot: 8.80 BB
Old 08-11-2005, 12:44 AM

Default Re: 5/10 Big Blind, Pair with Ugly flop

Readless, I would play it the same.

Actually, I would more likely check/call the flop. I think you're hardly ever taking it down unimproved against 3 opponents.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:09 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Readless, I would play it the same.

Actually, I would more likely check/call the flop. I think you're hardly ever taking it down unimproved against 3 opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero has a pair plus OESD on a rainbow board. I like the flop bet alot, and once SB calls two cold, I like a 3-bet. Your equity is very high and chances are you have either the best hand or the best draw, possibly both.

I'd probably bet the turn again unless MP3 capped, but as is I think I agree with the river fold. I don't see a draw betting the river again, but if MP3 is the type to (semi-)bluff two streets with just a draw then a call is reasonable given the pot size.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:36 AM

I do agree hero has a lot of equity. I just thought it unlikely he had the current best hand.

Okay, I thought about it some more, and you're right. My advice was weak-tight. Value is value. I like the flop 3-bet idea. On top of value, I think you have a decent chance of making a better hand fold.