Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 08:57 PM

Default playerview

Can someone tell me why I have to reload playerview every few weeks? It seams to expire or something. In the past when I uninstalled and reload I still had all my tweaks, but today for some reason lost a some but not all. Is there some way around this problem? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2005, 09:30 AM

Default Re: playerview

No way around it. Playerview expires and you need to reload. I believe the creator of the program (he spends time here so might speak about this) wants to eventually get paid for all his hard work and this will enable him to sell his product at some point.

(But I agree with you...it is a hassle...I just don't worry about it too much)
Old 05-02-2005, 05:10 PM

He wants to make sure when he is helping people with problems they are not running a version from 4 monthes ago. Makes solving problems easier.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:45 PM

Yup, looks like it'll cost you $50 from now on to use PV. A little high for my bankroll, when GameTime+ is still free.

[ QUOTE ]
No way around it. Playerview expires and you need to reload. I believe the creator of the program (he spends time here so might speak about this) wants to eventually get paid for all his hard work and this will enable him to sell his product at some point.

(But I agree with you...it is a hassle...I just don't worry about it too much)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-02-2005, 11:55 PM

Comments like this amuse me because if it improves your game a fraction of a big bet it's worth itself ten fold. Need to look in the longrun.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:04 AM

Well the problem is that it really doesn't improve your game. It just lets you be lazy and still play at a similar rate as if you were actually paying attention.

While it is a great product and I currently use it, I have 2 options. I can either pay $55 to continue using it, or take a few days to adjust to GT+ and pay nothing, yet get a very similar level of performance.

And while I do understand him wanted to get something in return for his software, I think the $55 price point is a little steep for the functionality considering the free software that already exists.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:24 AM

Even if you payed attention to every detail it keeps stats from weeks ago which you can not remember, thus improving your decisions in a game of partial information. It's better than GT+ for table selection, which is crucial. Just open tables and bam the stats appear, no entering data.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:56 AM

If PT is $55, the UB handgrabber and GT+ are free, the Pacific handgrabber $10, the BTP guides free, and the paid for guide $20 - asking $50 for PV does start to look a little greedy. I was expecting something around $10-$20 to be honest.

Sure all of us who play semi-seriously can afford it but that doesn't change the fact that PV is really just a limited functionality add-on to PT. As such it just seems a little parasitic to the user base to me - I doubt anyone buys PT just because PV is available for it.

That said maybe the problem is that PT is so cheap and Kross has been so generous releasing his add-ons (including GT+) for free. It was always going to be the case that someone tried to maximise profit from the user base rather than taking the 'community software' approach of developing free add-ons.

It will be interesting to see how the market develops.

Personally I'm a GT+ user (I like my autorate icons as well as the stats up there) - as for checking out tables you've been scouting this takes about 30 seconds (you just find a player at the table in the player list and click on him -you can do this is a separate instance of GT+ so it doesn't interfere with tables already up and running if you like)).
Old 05-03-2005, 12:01 PM

PV is too unstable for me. GT+ is totally stable. PV also seems to run like a resource hog. However, I really like the muck digging function of PV. Once he gets this to work for 6 max, I may do it despite the high license fee.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PV is too unstable for me. GT+ is totally stable. PV also seems to run like a resource hog. However, I really like the muck digging function of PV. Once he gets this to work for 6 max, I may do it despite the high license fee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate on the muck digging function?