Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Sports betting newbie, NFL fanatic.

I'm an absolute NFL insane fanatic. To illustrate, I'm right now watching Patriots-Browns from late last season on a random tape a got out because I'm so pumped about the NFL season coming up. I'm not even remotely a fan of either the Patriots or the Browns, I'm just so starved to watch some NFL action. I record every game available on tape during the NFL season, and record over my tapes on a rotating basis. Someone that would watch an absolute meaningless game from last season like this, in July, has to be considered very hardcore NFL.

I've never done any sports betting, but I've always followed the betting lines for weekly NFL games, for fun. I've also done the fantasy football thing, but I think it concentrates too much on stats rather than performance and results win/loss-wise. I'd prefer to take odds on win/loss outcomes of games.

So, where do I start? Where are the best places to learn how to "handicap", or is there a definitive book or article that can get me started? I don't want to just make stupid bets for entertainment value. I want actual +EV based on what I can understand about the NFL based on my obsession. Any help at all will be appreciated!