Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Flopped a flush. Tight player check raises turn?

UTG+2 is 19/3/1.75 over approx 1000 hands.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button ($13.35)
SB ($57.45)
BB ($39.50)
UTG ($21.90)
UTG+1 ($22.30)
UTG+2 ($48)
MP1 ($38.05)
Hero ($105.70)
MP3 ($64.25)
CO ($31.30)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.75</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls $1.75.

Turn: ($5.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises to $17.25</font>, Hero ???

Should I fear a bigger flush here since the opponent is a tight solid (aggressive post-flop, but not too aggressive) player? What are the other possibilities? Can it be anything else besides another flush?

Before that raise there I was pretty confident that my hand was best. Afterwards, I wasn't so sure.

Which is better: push or call hoping for a non-heart river?
Old 12-09-2005, 04:31 AM

Default Re: Flopped a flush. Tight player check raises turn?

That looks alot like 22 or 55 to me. What flush had does a tight player limp there? AQ? AT? Doubtful. Plus a Tight player would likely just lead, lead, lead if he flopped a flush. This is most often a set waiting for a non-heart turn to make a move. Push.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:51 AM

Or, possibly a lower suited connector flush.

The only things you realistically have to fear here are A10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and Q10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Anything else and you're golden.

Push it like it's out of gas [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Push it like it's out of gas [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just had to post saying that this made me laugh for about 5 minutes for some reason.

Like the others said push it likes it's out of gas [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 10:19 AM

I think you see tp, a set, or a lower flush more often than you are behind here. I can see him thinking you are still drawing at the naked ace or something and firing off a big raise because of that. All you can eat baby.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:46 PM

Thanks for your replies.

Here's what I did in the heat of the moment.

After that raise I just wanted to get to showdown with the best chance of winning.

I thought the possibility of a set was there but not a great chance of it because he didn't raise the flop to protect it. So I was pretty much focused on the possibility of a high-card (KoQ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?) flush draw or made flush (A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?).

I figured I had about 0 fold equity either way, so I decided to call and then call down if the river blanks instead of push figuring that the opponent may bet a busted draw.

If the river was a heart, I would fold the river.

River blanks. Opponent pushes, I call.

Thoughts?

I basically forgot to consider middle suited connectors :P
Old 12-09-2005, 12:54 PM

Push now. A set will probably still call, but letting a heart fall on the river will kill your action against a smaller flush or a set, and will lose you the pot against the semi-bluff with the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (less likely). There's a decent chance of one these hands will call your push anyways, esp. if they have a pair to go with it.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:05 PM

I don't mind playing it the way you did......There's no way you can fold here, if he's got a higher flush than me then he's getting my money because the odds are he doesn't.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:12 PM

I'd push turn and love it. If he has higher flush then tough break
Old 12-09-2005, 03:21 PM

How tight is tight? Any possibility that villan has A8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], or A3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?