Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2005, 10:56 PM

Default Limit: TT preflop

Hello,
I am trying to get some limit disucssion going, so I am going to try to post out a hand every day or two. If you play limit SnGs please post some too. Also, try putting "Limit:" at the beginning of the subject line so that folks can search and find limit posts.

This hand is from the 2nd round or a $5/$1 at Party. I started out with TT and raised preflop.

When an A came on the flop I bet out once and then checked down. Was this a good idea? I could imagine that a player with Ax might check/call to the river and then beat my TT.

On the other hand it is slowly getting throught my head that you have to maximize your profit on these hands as you don't get many chances to increase your stack in the first few rounds of a limit tournament and if you don't build up your stack you end up somewhat desperate when 6 players are left.

So is it better to take the risk and bet out on the turn and/or river, or just check it down?

Party Poker Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind t50 (9 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button (t320)
SB (t440)
<font color="#C00000">BB (t560)</font>
UTG (t525)
UTG+1 (t220)
MP1 (t1705)
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t965)</font>
MP3 (t1725)
CO (t1540)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
BB calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB checks.

Flop: (4 SB, t200) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB, t300) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3 BB, t300) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 3 BB (t300)
Old 02-28-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Limit: TT preflop

I would have raised preflop and probably bet the turn. I don't play too much limit though, and also don't think I'm very good at it, so you may want to take that with a grain of salt.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Limit: TT preflop

Stop playing 5+1's and go to the 10+1's.

After he checks, feel free to bet the river.