Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: session review, SSSH style

I disagree as well. I think even D players can catch mistakes made by A players. Even if they're not mistakes, it forces the A players to think and defend their position, to the benefit of both. If there are, hypothetically, 1000 things to do right in poker, and an A player does 900 of them right, a Be player does 800, etc, there are no guarantees that the A player is doing everything right that the B player is doing.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree as well. I think even D players can catch mistakes made by A players. Even if they're not mistakes, it forces the A players to think and defend their position, to the benefit of both. If there are, hypothetically, 1000 things to do right in poker, and an A player does 900 of them right, a Be player does 800, etc, there are no guarantees that the A player is doing everything right that the B player is doing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-03-2005, 05:23 PM

I have come over from the dark side. I agree.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Matter of fact I had begun to agree even before I finished typing out my post. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
On the other hand I guess I get the best of both worlds - someone to critique my session and then someone to tell me how far off base I am when I screw up the critique of their's.

[/ QUOTE ]

either the way the point is to get the discussion going, not who benefits the most? If I tell you "raise the flop, fold the turn" and you prove to me that "fold the flop, raise the turn" is better, what do I care if I'm the reviewer or the reviewee. Thanks all.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:36 PM

I just sent a PM as I am interesting in participating, sounds like a great learning tool.

I like that the person your reviewing is not the same person who is reviewing you. It provides a greater chance for you to get a different viewpoints. After reviewing 200 hands from a person you should have an idea of how they play and alot of the comments they would offer you on your play, so someone else doing it should work better.

I would prefer doing it with someone who is willing to do a video (and ive yet to do a video so I would have to learn myself) because if they are using PT and PA it gives a better understanding of the type of player they are playing against. A list at the beginning of the HH's would do that to but you wouldn't see the change of reads throughout a session (also important to see if they take notes when the note was taken, saying your read is a guy will call with any ace doesn't help when im reviewing the 3rd hand and you picked up this read on the 60th hand).

I currently play $1/2 6 max on party. Have only retuned to 6-max in the last week but hope to be at $3/6 by the end of the month.

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2005, 02:06 PM

updated list 12:00pm CST Sunday:

ADDboy
adsman
BigBrother
bobman0330
car ramrod
Chairman Wood
CollegeKid
DarkKnight
dietlime
Disconnected
Dopey
Guruman
Happydaz
have it all
jba
Koss
krimson
lank4ever
leader
Levarkin
melquides
milesdyson
Mister Z
mmmmmmbrother
MrWookie
mvoss
nadical
nmnewbie
numeri
Peter Harris
PokerPadawan
PokerSparky
scotty34
silencio
SnglMaltScotch
Stonewalled
WhiteShirt
Wynton
xwillience

Let me know if your name isn't on the list or if anything is mis-spelled.

Also, this is getting to be pretty long, so I may just post the pairings here. 40+ PMs is going to be a frickin pain in the ass. Who volunteered me for this [censored], anyway?

Oh wait... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2005, 02:17 PM

count me in! 6max though... and i want a sexy person to review mine. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2005, 02:19 PM

whatever makes it easier on you. I have no problem if you just post the pairings in the thread/start a new thread and then the person we are paired with we can get in contact with ourselves.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whatever makes it easier on you. I have no problem if you just post the pairings in the thread/start a new thread and then the person we are paired with we can get in contact with ourselves.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-04-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, this is getting to be pretty long, so I may just post the pairings here. 40+ PMs is going to be a frickin pain in the ass. Who volunteered me for this [censored], anyway?

Oh wait... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to see this is going over so well here. Now if only I could get the chickens in micros to participate. If any of you guys who have done this before wouldn't mind going over to micros and helping me get these guys on the bandwaggon I'd appreciate it. Obviously not asking you to join the list just go over and post how much the idea rocks and how short handed is kicking their a** or somethin along the lines that SH players must care about their play more.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SH players must care about their play more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's why I'm here. More nits to pick. The lack of enthusiasm is the micro forum is just sad.