Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Re: What\'s your move?

Example of posting names taken to the extreme:

"You guys need to play with XXXX...he's a HUGE FIGH!"

You didn't do that, but it's akin to it. PT and GT/PV are not unethical in any way, shape, or form. They are tools that do a job that anyone can do, just much more [time] efficiently.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:30 AM

Default I\'d take a different approach

Seeing as AJo is my biggest loser, I've started being alot tighter about when and where I play it.
1) UTG I think I'm folding this pf.
2) Since you called, then called the raise: Your check/call on the flop is fine.
3) Lead out on the turn. You have 14 outs (2 jacks, 3 aces, 9 hearts) and I think most of them are probably good.
4) If everyone calls and villain raises, your reads come into play. Are the 2 middle guys calling stations or will they fold to a 3bet? If you think they will both call it, I 3 bet. I doubt villain is going to cap on a board with a flush draw after a 3 bet and 2 callers.
5) if you hit your flush on the river, bet it. If you hit trips or 2 pair I think I still bet it and call if there is 1 raise. If it's 3bet before it gets back to me, I give someone credit for a flush and fold.

I'm not a spectacular player, and if any of this is bad advice, please let me know why. But i think 3betting the turn is the right move if you think both middle guys will call you (if only 1 calls along with the villain, it is only slightly -EV).

This is not the same line most people who have replied are advocating. I think it is somewhat read-dependant, but there's alot of calling stations out there and this is how you make your money off of them.

That being said, this is the reason I would fold AJo UTG. If you have position, this hand is alot easier.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:53 AM

Using that logic bots would be ethical. They are just poker players who do things more efficiently. If we are at this sight to help each other, why not share names? In fact lets start a fish list. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In fact lets start a fish list. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to share fish, and I'm sure most others don't want to either.