Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 11-09-2005, 05:46 PM

Default hi, another hand i played wrong, any comments? pl0850

I haven't been getting any luck in pl08-50, but doing well in pl08-25. I'm just going to play pl08-25 until I get better. For this hand, I thought I had a chance to spike a 3 for a wheel on the river which would have given me a six high straight also, and if I hit a pair on the river, I would've scooped half the pot. I really need to know the right play on this one please.

Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: CashOut21 ( $49.50 )
Seat 2: hero ( $71.16 )
Seat 3: jetboy101 ( $43.68 )
Seat 4: Iceman4982 ( $70.90 )
Seat 5: JDLade ( $66.47 )
Seat 6: yawhosuxit ( $41.65 )
Seat 7: jhmjh1 ( $95.81 )
Seat 8: UnifiedHeart ( $50 )
Seat 9: acting ( $63.05 )
Seat 10: DebDoll ( $17.74 )
JDLade posts small blind [$0.25].
yawhosuxit posts big blind [$0.50].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to hero [ 2c 2h Ad 6c ]
jhmjh1 calls [$0.50].
acting calls [$0.50].
DebDoll folds.
CashOut21 calls [$0.50].
hero calls [$0.50].
jetboy101 calls [$0.50].
Iceman4982 folds.
JDLade raises [$3.75].
yawhosuxit folds.
jhmjh1 calls [$3.50].
acting folds.
CashOut21 calls [$3.50].
hero calls [$3.50].
jetboy101 folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4h, 2d, 5h ]
JDLade bets [$7].
jhmjh1 folds.
CashOut21 calls [$7].
hero calls [$7].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Kd ]
JDLade bets [$15].
CashOut21 is all-In [$38.50]
hero calls [$38.50].
JDLade is all-In [$40.47]
hero calls [$16.97].
** Dealing River ** [ 6d ]
JDLade shows [ 3h, Ks, 2s, As ] a straight, two to six.
JDLade shows 5,4,3,2,A for low.
CashOut21 shows [ 3c, Kc, 5s, Ah ] a straight, two to six.
CashOut21 shows 5,4,3,2,A for low.
hero shows [ 2c, 2h, Ad, 6c ] three of a kind, twos.
hero shows 6,5,4,2,A for low.
JDLade wins $16.97 from side pot #1 with a straight, two to six.
JDLade wins Lo ($16.97) from side pot #1 with 5,4,3,2,A.
CashOut21 wins $37.75 from the main pot with a straight, two to six.
JDLade wins $37.75 from the main pot with a straight, two to six.
CashOut21 wins Lo ($37.75) from the main pot with 5,4,3,2,A.
JDLade wins Lo ($37.75) from the main pot with 5,4,3,2,A.
Iceman4982 has left the table.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: hi, another hand i played wrong, any comments? pl0850

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Low drawing hand with no real high potential. I'm only playing preflop if I expect to get in cheap and have players who will pay off my low.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bad flop for you. Bottow set and inside straight draw on a two-suited flop. Your set will lose to made straights and flushes more than it turns into a winning straight or full house. Your low is the second nut low, but with the preflop raising and betting before you on the flop A3 seems a real possibility. In which case, you're way way behind on both sides. I'd fold the flop with this action.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't improved and again both players put in lots of money before you. Time to fold if you're still in. Your pot odds aren't good enough to draw to non-nut hands against multiple betting and raising opponents.

I think you misplayed this hand on every street.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:33 AM

Here is the biggest error:

JDLade bets [$15].
CashOut21 is all-In [$38.50]
hero calls [$38.50].

Betting showed the nuts were definitely out there. You don't have the odds to draw.

You write: "If I hit a three..." well...you know what I'm going to say about wanting to hit a particular card. It's like a holdem player playing T-4 offsuit hoping for a 4-4-T flop. And even then, usually they're not paying off a raise and re-raise to do it!

The other, if the board pairs, realize your trips are the lowest on the board. With Omaha-8, I think you have to always look at what the nuts are, and that they very well might be out there. I consider straight flushes and 4 of a kind because they do happen. I'm not saying to not bet if you did make your full house with your two's, but getting re-raised would not be fun. Perhaps check it and let someone try to bluff at it and call. IF...IF...IF you make it.

The simple rules are often ignored (often by me), "Play to scoop" & "Never draw to the non-nuts."

Here with two big raises before you, it should be an easy fold.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Low drawing hand with no real high potential. I'm only playing preflop if I expect to get in cheap and have players who will pay off my low.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bad flop for you. Bottow set and inside straight draw on a two-suited flop. Your set will lose to made straights and flushes more than it turns into a winning straight or full house. Your low is the second nut low, but with the preflop raising and betting before you on the flop A3 seems a real possibility. In which case, you're way way behind on both sides. I'd fold the flop with this action.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't improved and again both players put in lots of money before you. Time to fold if you're still in. Your pot odds aren't good enough to draw to non-nut hands against multiple betting and raising opponents.

I think you misplayed this hand on every street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree totally, need to get in cheap, with the preflop raising your have to think your facing strong starting hands. You have very little high potential unless a perfect flop comes, your low has a weak counterfiet protection. Fold pre-flop against the raise. Once the flop hits and you have action in front of you its time to get out, nut low is most certainly made, your beat on the high allready with a straight, flush draw against you and drawing to the smallest boat. On the turn you get no help and tons of action in front. You have not made a hand yet, even if your 3 falls on the river your halved or quartered for the low and high is still not the nuts. Two of the 3s put a flush on the board, and with everybody allready all -in and a low board your naked ace has no push potential, that leaves you with just 2 outs and still not the nuts, 67 beats you and with the board you have you have mutiple hands that could split your high even if one of the two 3s hit.