Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-28-2005, 10:37 PM

Default Getaway in Stockholm street racing video

Racing video link

I am sure many of you have seen this clip before, but there are probably some that haven't. It a series called Getaway in Stockholm. These guys take a really nice Porchse 911 turbo, mount 3 camera on the front, side and back window of the car. They drive around stockholm just before daylight (streets are empty) get pulled over by the cops, then take off driving through the narrow streets of stockholm. Its a 10 min long video, but it is some impressive driving. They get up to some crazy speeds. I think they even somehow lap the police. Enjoy.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Getaway in Stockholm street racing video

Here's what happens: They get pulled over. When the cops get out of their car, they peel out and go frickin fast and lose the cops in less than a minute. Then they drive around the city for 9 minutes.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:50 PM

The cops shouldn't have even bothered trying. That car was long gone before they even got back into their cars.

Euro police pull infront of you when they pull you over? Crazy Euro's!

Only good thing about this vid was hearing it purrrrr.

Also, he's not very good of a driver. His shifting was very rough at times and he slid on several turns. A good driver doesn't skid, they brake before the turn and accel through the turn. There's no sliding involved.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:22 AM

Pokerstars anyone?
Old 12-29-2005, 12:44 AM

mostly agree. ever seen WRC though?

also, the only way to know that you are at the limits (without having a finely tuned race car on a memorized track that you have run 1000 times) is to push them and occasionally break them. if you drive flat out through the streets of stockholm for 10 minutes, and never skid, you are not driving 10/10ths. period. even F1 drivers lock up the wheels under breaking sometimes. and they are the best in the world.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:48 AM

I might be wrong as I'm no expert, but when I see F1 drivers do it, I'm more inclined to think it was an intentional drift.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:54 AM

I believe this crew made a few dvd's a couple years ago. With that kind of driving it makes you wonder how many clutches they go through each year. Definitely not a pleasant driving experience.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:01 AM

i'm no expert either, but you are def. right that whatever F1 drivers do, they mean to do it.

i just don't see it as black and white as always braking before a turn, and accelerating out. there are just nuances to driving, like trail-braking, which is staying on the brakes late into the turn, to shift more weight, and therefore traction to the front tires, to increase the yaw angle and 'drift' for decreasing radius turns and the such. also since the OP stated it was a turbo, early throttle application might be needed to get or keep the turbo's spooled up, to reduce lag. an example would be, if you come out of a turn w/ no oversteer, but no boost, it might take you a while to get some boost, and you loose a couple seconds of maximum acceleration. if you throttle early, and go a little wide, it might be more than offset by having full boost at the beginning of the strait, since that initial harder acceleration and resulting speed will be carried over the entire lenght of the strait, multiplying that inital speed gain by the entire time you are accelerating.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:05 AM

You obviously know more than me so I bow to you on this one.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You obviously know more than me so I bow to you on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, you were 99% right, and i was just being a picky ass. i love cars and stuff...